2024 NFL Offseason

Dynasty

5 hours ago, GDAWG said:

Good move by the Vikings, rather than do what they usually do and bring in guys that either cost them hundreds of millions, or 1st round picks (Sam Bradford). Maybe they've learned their lesson and are going to wait for a true franchise guy to either make it to them in the draft or be a FA in the next year or so.  

Of course, they could turn around and get Justin Fields, which would put them in the dummy category again.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Something that is a little ridiculous and I'm surprised the NFLPA let this happen:

Jalen Hurts signed his huge contract after his 3rd season (and it takes effect in his 5th.)

Landon Dickerson just signed the largest contract ever for a guard, after his 3rd season (takes effect in his 5th...  I think.)

They were both 2nd round picks.

Meanwhile, 1st round guys like D'vonta Smith have to wait another season and see their inferior teammates get hundreds of millions, which leaves less for them (if they want to stay on their current team.). They're punished for being first round picks.  It'd make more sense for them to smoke weed on draft day or do something else that lets them slip into the 2nd round so that they can make money faster.

NFL teams can't have it both ways - can't set a rookie wage scale (rather than have the old Sam Bradford* system) but then restrict the best guys from getting paid before the not-as-good guys.  It's kind of ridiculous.

*Sam Bradford is the biggest loser that's ever put on a helmet... and he's worth close to half a billion.  Sam Bradford represents everything that's wrong with literally everything.  Gods I hate that guy.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 hours ago, BBTV said:

Good move by the Vikings, rather than do what they usually do and bring in guys that either cost them hundreds of millions, or 1st round picks (Sam Bradford). Maybe they've learned their lesson and are going to wait for a true franchise guy to either make it to them in the draft or be a FA in the next year or so.  

Of course, they could turn around and get Justin Fields, which would put them in the dummy category again.

Bears aren't going to trade within their division.  

30 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

Bears aren't going to trade within their division.  

I've always thought this was dumb.  You're trading the guy becacuse you don't think he's good enough.  So wouldn't you want to keep him in your division? 

If he's a very good player and it's just a cap move, then yeah - don't help out your rivals.  But if you've decided he's not good, then logically, wouldn't you be hurting your rival?

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Ravens are a retirement home for legendary Titans players

I may be the only person in the world who saw that coming the second the last 0 ticked off the clock after the Snatit beat the Jags last game of the season...

...Now watch him go up there and beast out. (And remind everyone in Tennessee what an actual competent OC can do with a back of his caliber...)

• Like 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Jets may need to find a new starter if one of these political rumors comes to be.

I'll laugh my ass off if he again plays one game for them then walks away to pursue the other thing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Jets may need to find a new starter if one of these political rumors comes to be.

I'll laugh my ass off if he again plays one game for them then walks away to pursue the other thing.

Might be why they signed Tyrod Taylor.  

GJGJ back to the Eagles.

A "weapon for Bryce Young"?  What good is any weapon if you don't have the arm to use it?  Maybe if he had a helmet that shot lasers out of it, that'd be a weapon he could use, but anything that requires arms or legs won't help.  Also that's a hapless organization from the ownership down.  I think if I got traded there, I'd quit and sign with the UFL (not really, because of the $, but I'd probably have to seek counseling.)

In other news...

So Barkley's contract is really 2 years / 26M (still absurd for a RB) and he'll be cut in year 3 for a 1.5m dead-cap hit.  Looks like they could cut him in year 2, but would still have to pay him and take a dead-cap hit, so that's unlikely.

I think when we report contracts, rather than simply going by Schefter's tweets, let's look at the guarantees and "out" clauses for teams.  These 5-year deals are really 3, 3s are really 2, hell - even a 10 might be only 3.

• Like 1