2024 NFL Changes

15 minutes ago, MNtwins3 said:

It's either in the new set or it isn't, it's way too late in the design process for them to change anything

It's too late to change the jerseys, but pants can be scrapped or added at any time. The Lions and Saints both introduced solid white pants in the middle of their seasons (not sure which year the pants for either team debuted). The Falcons showed red pants on the day they unveiled their current set, but have never worn them. 

• Like 4

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

24 minutes ago, GriffinM6 said:

It's too late to change the jerseys, but pants can be scrapped or added at any time. The Lions and Saints both introduced solid white pants in the middle of their seasons (not sure which year the pants for either team debuted). The Falcons showed red pants on the day they unveiled their current set, but have never worn them. 

To add on, the Browns didn't have orange pants in the original reveal of their current uniforms. It's since become the signature look of the current set.

• Like 9

On 1/28/2024 at 3:36 PM, fouhy12 said:

I would definitely be in favor of each team having to declare primary home and road uniforms, complete with pants and socks, and the league setting minimums on how often those uniforms must be worn. Those would also be the uniforms teams would wear in the playoffs. 

I have no issue with rotating pairs of pants or switching things up, but part of a brand is establishing your color blocking. 

This is a good idea in theory, but then we'd have to trust teams to make the right choices, which absolutely would not happen. The breakdown of combos worn probably wouldn't change much overall. The biggest difference would be teams being unable to go the win streak superstition route and wear the same pant color over and over again as easily like the Lions did this year.  And it may get complicated for teams that wear white at home. I'd rather see a rule wear you have to wear your color jersey for at least half of your home games. No more white at home in December for the Bucs or Dolphins, and we'd see more Cowboys navy.

37 minutes ago, ruttep said:

To add on, the Browns didn't have orange pants in the original reveal of their current uniforms. It's since become the signature look of the current set.

One more for this. The Ravens added purple pants in 2018 without notice, and it's become the most popular pants for the white jerseys.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, rfraser85 said:

One more for this. The Ravens added purple pants in 2018 without notice, and it's become the most popular pants for the white jerseys.

Popular among the fans maybe, but the team only wore that look for two games this season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pigskin12 said:

Popular among the fans maybe, but the team only wore that look for two games this season.

Good point. I must have thinking about previous years when they were worn 4 or 5 times, and those are my personal favorite.

I know one thing involving new pants, and this may relate to one of your earlier comments. Teams do need to think new pants through. I still can't understand what the Rams were thinking in 2017 when they used the gold-free pants. The Jaguars and Cowboys exposed how ridiculous those were with the navy jerseys the Rams were using at the time.

50 minutes ago, rfraser85 said:

Those purple pants were originally part of the Ravens' Color Rush. That situation is more along the lines of the Eagles and Jets taking the black pants from their Color Rush uniforms and wearing them with white jerseys.

• Huh? 1

7 minutes ago, ruttep said:

Those purple pants were originally part of the Ravens' Color Rush. That situation is more along the lines of the Eagles and Jets taking the black pants from their Color Rush uniforms and wearing them with white jerseys.

No, it’s two different purple pants

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 18

7 hours ago, buckeye said:

Any knowledge if the Eagles will update the uniforms to use the new wordmark? I don't really get why they haven't done so yet.

spacer.png

spacer.png

It  should be updated this season.  They didn't provide the required 2-year notice to change the uniforms before now.  Similarly to how the Patriots went with that western-ish arched font for their official wordmark but kept the script-style on the jersey for a year or two.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

14 minutes ago, PurpleHayes said:

That's ok, that's what we're here for. 😁 If one player has so much as a stitch out of place, someone here will point it out. 😏

'Tis both a blessing and a curse. I can't count the number of times my family has stared at me like I'm crazy after I gasp at the TV and point out a player is wearing an outdated jersey template.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

24 minutes ago, PERRIN said:

'Tis both a blessing and a curse. I can't count the number of times my family has stared at me like I'm crazy after I gasp at the TV and point out a player is wearing an outdated jersey template.

Yeah, we could make a whole thread about this. I never thought socks would bother me so much with uniforms.

1 hour ago, PERRIN said:

I can’t count how many times my poor parents have had to hear me grumble about plain white socks, or stripeless pants, or team social media posts using the word “icy” or the stupid 🥶 emoji. 

Although, in fairness, I’ve never NOT noticed and opined on uniforms, ever since I started watching the NFL at the tail end of the 1993 season. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

I can’t count how many times my poor parents have had to hear me grumble about plain white socks, or stripeless pants, or team social media posts using the word “icy” or the stupid 🥶 emoji. 

Although, in fairness, I’ve never NOT noticed and opined on uniforms, ever since I started watching the NFL at the tail end of the 1993 season. 

Me neither, and I can't tell you how upset I was when I started watching in the 80s and found out the Cowboys wore white at home all the time...maybe that's why I hate them, because they saw themselves as "special." It irked me that the Chargers did it as well and we rarely got to see the Fouts-era blue jerseys at all.

I was even MORE angered when I had Madden 98/99 and every time I played the Cowboys in my stadium the computer forced me into white jerseys at home! WTH?? I don't even get a choice??

I never cared a whit about socks. I barely notice if my own socks are matched before I head out the door in the morning. But now, with all these teams wearing what looks like fencing uniforms (white pants with no stripes, all-white socks), NOW I notice...and the unhappiness has returned.

Although I was rooting for the Lions, part of me was glad they didn't make it because I knew they'd wear the fencing uniforms in the Superb Owl. Does that make me a bad person?

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, PurpleHayes said:

Although I was rooting for the Lions, part of me was glad they didn't make it because I knew they'd wear the fencing uniforms in the Superb Owl. Does that make me a bad person?

Not here it doesn't 🤣

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

It's where I sit.

On 1/29/2024 at 11:37 AM, DCarp1231 said:

Check this out- Just copped the complete Jaguars set 💯 probably gonna end up wearing the black and white ones an annoying amount of times. The teal ones are so legendary I’ll probably never ever wear them for no reason at all! Just like the Jags! #DUVALLLL

spacer.png

spacer.png
spacer.png

So lame and geez. That is sad. They need to find a way to fix their uniforms or else.

Just something I noticed, in all the announcements from the Seahawks official insta about the new head coach, they have him photoshopped on the sidelines as if he’s already been coaching there. And he is wearing throwback gear. In all of them. And in the photos posted of him signing the contact and with the gm, the gm is wearing throwback gear.

40 minutes ago, Toronto206 said:

Just something I noticed, in all the announcements from the Seahawks official insta about the new head coach, they have him photoshopped on the sidelines as if he’s already been coaching there. And he is wearing throwback gear. In all of them. And in the photos posted of him signing the contact and with the gm, the gm is wearing throwback gear.

Their initial Twitter announcement has him in regular gear, although their profile picture has him in throwback gear.

• Like 1