2024 NFL Changes

40 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

I actually like the 1990-97 set slightly better. Just a tiny bit less plain without being overwhelmingly flashy. I believe it isn’t remembered fondly primarily because of the fact that the team had zero winning seasons while wearing it. 

I thought it was because they needlessly added black.

• Like 3
  • Eyeroll 1

It's where I sit.

10 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

I thought it was because they needlessly added black.

The black actually worked well in my opinion. They didn’t go overboard and do BFBS. They also used it consistently throughout the set - as a trim color. Had the most recent set been more consistent in using black trim on the white and green jerseys, then the black-heavy elements wouldn’t have been so out-of-place IMO - maybe they shouldn’t have had black pants, for example, at all (and I would prefer the color be trim-only), but they wouldn’t have been so egregious had the stripes on the green and white jerseys and pants been given black trim. I believe black should be almost always just a trim color for them, but it looks sharper when they apply it consistently to increase contrast than it does in just green and white IMO. (Obviously the white-helmet sets stand well on their own, without any black.)

Also…I know it isn’t the same meaning of the word, but…jet black is a color, right? So that makes it seem appropriate to include a small amount of it in the team’s scheme. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Dislike 1

22 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

The black actually worked well in my opinion. They didn’t go overboard and do BFBS. They also used it consistently throughout the set - as a trim color. Had the most recent set been more consistent in using black trim on the white and green jerseys, then the black-heavy elements wouldn’t have been so out-of-place IMO - maybe they shouldn’t have had black pants, for example, at all (and I would prefer the color be trim-only), but they wouldn’t have been so egregious had the stripes on the green and white jerseys and pants been given black trim. I believe black should be almost always just a trim color for them, but it looks sharper when they apply it consistently to increase contrast than it does in just green and white IMO. (Obviously the white-helmet sets stand well on their own, without any black.)

Also…I know it isn’t the same meaning of the word, but…jet black is a color, right? So that makes it seem appropriate to include a small amount of it in the team’s scheme. 

Understood - just going with opinions here. In my opinion, it was unnecessary because there's already good contrast between green and white without adding black. Agreed that they didn't go overboard, but disagree on whether or not it was BFBS.

• Like 2

It's where I sit.

9 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Understood - just going with opinions here. In my opinion, it was unnecessary because there's already good contrast between green and white without adding black. Agreed that they didn't go overboard, but disagree on whether or not it was BFBS.

To me, the Jets should always have been just a green and white team.  I remember them adding the black, and it somehow looked... I don't know the right word for it, but "softer".  And at the same time, the Eagles were already kelly-ish and black, and I felt like the two teams should look a little more different (not that anyone was confusing the two, given the Eagles silver pants and helmet wings.)

I don't know if it was BFBS considering the state of merchandising at the time - they may have simply thought it looked better or was a way to freshen up the look without any significant changes.  But either way, it didn't work.  The only good thing that came out of it (and this is debatable) was the green pants.  I think they're unnecessary, but it's nice for them to be an option so long as they don't go full green.  

Edited by BBTV
  • Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

10 minutes ago, JustABallCoach said:

At 15 seconds am I seeing an H-Town blue helmet?

Bottom third towards the back. 

It’s titled as a behind-the-scenes look for the 2023 alternate helmets. The blue helmet you’re seeing looks to me like the Lions’ alternate Honolulu blue helmets that they wore last year.

• Like 3

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

4 minutes ago, PERRIN said:

It’s titled as a behind-the-scenes look for the 2023 alternate helmets. The blue helmet you’re seeing looks to me like the Lions’ alternate Honolulu blue helmets that they wore last year.

That’s not the Lions helmet, they had a satin finish this is something nobody wore this year. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JustABallCoach said:

Still looks like the Lions' helmet to me, perhaps before the satin finish is applied. I think you're grasping at straws here, especially considering this light blue helmet helmet doesn't make a later appearance in the video, and the Lions' blue helmet does, but no other blue shell is shown.

• Like 2

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

8 minutes ago, PERRIN said:

Still looks like the Lions' helmet to me, perhaps before the satin finish is applied. I think you're grasping at straws here, especially considering this light blue helmet helmet doesn't make a later appearance in the video, and the Lions' blue helmet does, but no other blue shell is shown.

certainly possible, just curious. 

3 hours ago, BBTV said:

To me, the Jets should always have been just a green and white team.  I remember them adding the black, and it somehow looked... I don't know the right word for it, but "softer".  And at the same time, the Eagles were already kelly-ish and black, and I felt like the two teams should look a little more different (not that anyone was confusing the two, given the Eagles silver pants and helmets.)

I don't know if it was BFBS considering the state of merchandising at the time - they may have simply thought it looked better or was a way to freshen up the look without any significant changes.  But either way, it didn't work.  The only good thing that came out of it (and this is debatable) was the green pants.  I think they're unnecessary, but it's nice for them to be an option so long as they don't go full green.  

I think what caused that specific effect with the 1990 change is the addition of another color, especially one that blended into the green cut into the space previous occupied by a sharp green/white cutoff. 

The process made the stripes, logo, and numbers less bold then they had been in the 80's.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

Time for Tennessee to bust out the silver helmets for their third option 

spacer.png

What would the Titans wear a silver helmet with? The Oiler throwback already has the white helmet, and there's not enough silver on their primary jerseys.