2024 NFL Changes

52 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Dolphins
Colts

Dolphins and Colts all-white are frustrating to me in particular because they're the primary white combinations but with white socks, so there are zero restrictions on how often they can be worn. And these were looks that were always worn with the proper contrasting socks until the 🥶 trend took over in recent years.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

12 hours ago, ruttep said:

Dolphins and Colts all-white are frustrating to me in particular because they're the primary white combinations but with white socks, so there are zero restrictions on how often they can be worn. And these were looks that were always worn with the proper contrasting socks until the 🥶 trend took over in recent years.

The Colts’ all-white with blue socks is one of my favorite uniform sets in the league. It’s the actual definition of “clean”, “classy”, etc. 

However, we can’t have nice things apparently, because they’ve decided white socks look better with it. 

Personally, as much striping as that team employs, white socks with blue stripes could look good. Naturally they haven’t used striped socks regularly since the days of Eric Dickerson. 

• Like 6
  • Dislike 1

20 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

The Colts’ all-white with blue socks is one of my favorite uniform sets in the league. It’s the actual definition of “clean”, “classy”, etc. 

However, we can’t have nice things apparently, because they’ve decided white socks look better with it. 

Personally, as much striping as that team employs, white socks with blue stripes could look good. Naturally they haven’t used striped socks regularly since the days of Eric Dickerson. 

White striped socks would be fine for the Colts, and any other team with shoulder stripes, but those socks crept over to the blue jersey as well. And with uniform enforcement being so lax, I think this will end up just like the solid whites.

On 6/12/2024 at 10:32 PM, PurpleHayes said:

This makes too much sense, which is why Howdy Doody Goodell will never approve it. 

If I ran the league every team would wear dark jerseys at home (alts are fine), white jerseys on the road, and throwback games would be coordinated.

One can dream...

Thank you. I am not the only one who hates that goofy half of a man. He looks like a box head shape ginger.

• LOL 1

Im not sure if it was intentional when they did it back in the 80's but the Jets jersey sleeve stripe just seems looks like the moved the old shoulder stripe to the sleeve. While  I love the update the Jets made there are 4 areas I think they should've updated from the 80's unis. I would have put two green stripes on the pants instead of the thick green stripe so there is some continuity. I would have added the jets wordmark logo in a small patch or under the shield. Lastly, I would have made the collar green as the white one on this template is too wide. I think the socks would benefit from stripes as well. I am undecided about if two white stripes would have looked good on the helmet. Still beautiful unis that I will never complain about. spacer.pngspacer.png

• Dislike 1

Just saw a few BTS Media Day photos of the Saints. The black yoga pants just make me 🤮 and  the "gold" looks worse every year.  Hate to keep beating that dead horse, but they need a makeover. Vanderbilt looks better in black and gold than the Saints. Embarrassing 

• Like 11

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

On 6/15/2024 at 9:21 AM, ltjets21 said:

Im not sure if it was intentional when they did it back in the 80's but the Jets jersey sleeve stripe just seems looks like the moved the old shoulder stripe to the sleeve. While  I love the update the Jets made there are 4 areas I think they should've updated from the 80's unis. I would have put two green stripes on the pants instead of the thick green stripe so there is some continuity. I would have added the jets wordmark logo in a small patch or under the shield. Lastly, I would have made the collar green as the white one on this template is too wide. I think the socks would benefit from stripes as well. I am undecided about if two white stripes would have looked good on the helmet. Still beautiful unis that I will never complain about. spacer.pngspacer.png

The collar is my only gripe. It should be green. 

• Like 1

On 6/15/2024 at 6:21 AM, ltjets21 said:

I think the wide collar and the wide green stripe on the pants balance each other out. Either leave them both in or take them both out.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, illini1 said:

Nike is selling 49ers jersey with 3 sleeve stripes. Please tell they’re switching back. 

https://nike.sng.link/Astn5/6tbz/r_89ede0f2a4

lol they have had 3 stripes on their jerseys since 2022 

• Like 3

spacer.png