2024 NFL Changes

"I've been waiting 30 years for the Jaguars to get a white helmet"

— Literally no one on this planet

What purpose does this thing serve exactly? Social media clicks and likes? Every time I think it can't get worse, some team proves me wrong. Why not just wear your incredibly popular throwbacks an extra game?

• Like 15
  • LOL 1

All of these white alternate helmets being introduced just remind me of when I played peewee football and every team had a white helmet with their respective team decals because the league just bought a ton in white because it was cost effective. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

On 7/23/2024 at 2:29 PM, Chicageaux said:

Where I come from, we call them Da Galloping Ghosts

Kaukauna?

spacer.png

• LOL 1

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

3 hours ago, tBBP said:

Y'all, this gets worse...

lsbr2jj.jpeg

f9bwX2X.jpeg

QpLGpkP.jpeg

WLEMISs.jpeg

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9522eri4d0pzfttsfqtne

Also, "shell white"? this recent trend of forcing nicknames onto new uniforms really needs to stop.

Have you forgotten that jaguars/pumas/mountain lions hatch from eggs?

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, plastictaxicab said:

All of these white alternate helmets being introduced just remind me of when I played peewee football and every team had a white helmet with their respective team decals because the league just bought a ton in white because it was cost effective. 

That's what my league did as well. White helmets, gray facemasks for every team. I played on the Eagles and the Vikings and our decals both years were inversed versions of the teams' actual decals and the coaches put purple stripes on our Vikings helmets, which I hated as a young uniform aesthete.

I was jealous of the kids who got to play for the Dolphins and Colts because their helmets looked the closest to what the teams actually wore. 

• Like 1

PvO6ZWJ.png

More "shell white" dumbness, courtesy of the Jaguars' equipment manager:

Head equipment manager George Pellicer talked about the new lids: “One of the best parts of my job here at the Jaguars is mixing up uniform color combinations to see what looks cool. For this helmet, and to honor our 30th season here in Jacksonville, we wanted to pay homage to our diverse fan base, unifying the power of sports, our location and a vital component of our community: the military.”

Because nothing says "diverse fans"  quite like white helmets.

Aiight.

(I don't even need to point out the plum-dumb irony in that statement.)

Anyway, moving on...

2 hours ago, rfraser85 said:

The rule is that alternate helmets can only be worn with alternate jerseys. In this case, the Jaguars' white helmet can only be worn with the black jersey.

Just a but fuller clarification: the "rule" (these days it's more like "soft guidance") is that if a team designates an "alternate" helmet, it can be paired with either a throwback, color rush, or alternate jersey. In this instance, the Jags have chosen, as mentioned, to pair this *ahem* shell white 🤦🏿🤦🏿 helmet with their black third jerseys. 

Let us all be very glad right now that the Jags don't employ a separate "Color Rush" alternate...

• Like 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

2 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

I’m somewhat okay with it under the stipulation that it gets worn with the black jersey/white pants/teal socks.

So that means we’ll be seeing it worn with all black

What makes me the angriest about these alternate helmets is when they're worn with a monochrome look of a different color, like the Broncos, Texans, and Lions last year. Looks like these helmets are headed that route as well. Yuck.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

So is it safe to assume the Jaguars will have three games with alternates: one with the throwbacks, one with white helmets and black jerseys, and one with black from head to toe? Or do we think they're dropping the all-black look?

I would guess they’ll still wear all-black in London. Was hoping it would be at least two throwback games.

Just now, SportsFan12 said:

I would guess they’ll still wear all-black in London. Was hoping it would be at least two throwback games.

Patriots fans noticed they changed the Jaguars logo on the schedule for that game on the team site from the current to the throwback after those uniforms were released. Probably nothing, but worth putting out there just in case. 

And just so we know when they plan to wear these white shells...

kX4sTrG.png

At least we won't be getting "shell white" versus whatever it is the Vikings are calling their all-white alternates on the same field...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

39 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

So is it safe to assume the Jaguars will have three games with alternates: one with the throwbacks, one with white helmets and black jerseys, and one with black from head to toe? Or do we think they're dropping the all-black look?

Has any team besides the 49ers EVER gone from having an all-black look to not having one? It gets the fire emojis, because a disturbingly large portion of the population believes anything black is automatically “tough” or whatever. 

39 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Has any team besides the 49ers EVER gone from having an all-black look to not having one? It gets the fire emojis, because a disturbingly large portion of the population believes anything black is automatically “tough” or whatever. 

636093553174677385-lionsjerseys.jpg?widt

On 7/23/2024 at 9:14 AM, Sport said:

Jets fix the shade of green, but still can't get the shoulder stripes to not look all choppy on this template. Classic Nike. One bad call away from perfect. 

rarlrwc2f0hnx4pjqz0r

I just hate that clunky extra notch that comes out from the sleeve. And what's worse is the solution is incredibly obvious and would require zero template renovating or any new production retooling. - They use the Colts template, right? Only difference is the sleeves are colored in instead of white. So simply flip the green-white-green shoulder stripes to white-green-white and you'll achieve the same effect without that extra bump out from the sleeve. Much cleaner and it'll be closer to the original Namath uni look. 

Here's a quick mockup. 

spacer.png

your mock up it just looks like a single green stripe on the shoulder. That doesn't look right.

• Dislike 2
  • Eyeroll 1

7 minutes ago, DrunkKidCatholic said:

your mock up it just looks like a single green stripe on the shoulder. That doesn't look right.

But... that's the point. The original jersey was just a single green stripe on the shoulder.

spacer.png

Go home, you're drunk.

• Like 14
  • Applause 1

spacer.png