2024 NFL Changes

10 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

You might have to be more specific about that Trestman Packers game. The 4th and 8, Chris Conte blown coverage made it to the Sour 16 but the 2014 blowout did not.

I didn't think I had to be more specific about "down 42-0 at the half" but I guess blowing the playoffs on the last week of the season was kinda bad too. The old question of what's worse, getting close and missing or not ever being in it.

• Love 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

12 hours ago, SportsFan12 said:

Broncos white helmet in between was/is also quite pointless.

At least that wasn't just a straight swap of the primary helmet.  That gave it a (very small) reason to be, same with the Lions' blue one.  Didn't make either of them very good, but at least they showed a tiny bit of effort.

53 minutes ago, Chicageaux said:

Damn, I was at two of those games. Traveled to Lambeau in 2014 for that Sunday Night game and Kansas City last year. Both times I didn't even have people talk trash to me, just told me how sorry they were. It was the equivalent of your parent telling you, "I'm not mad, just disappointed."

Having been a Packers fan since I was a wee lad, I've honestly never been able to hate the Bears.  I was too young to remember the last time the Bears were a serious threat, so I've basically never known this organization as anything other than Rodgers' (and now Love's) punching bag.  Being a Cardinals fan first and foremost (Packers are second fave), I feel like I can at least empathize with your pain.

• Like 2

"The guns have fallen silent.  The stars have aligned.  The great wait is over.  Come see.  It will not be televised."

25 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Speaking of the Bears, they're wearing the navy pants for padded practice today, something I don't think I've ever seen them do.

GTbC9ThWYAAQDKq?format=jpg&name=large

Source: https://x.com/CEmma670/status/1816853863237931517?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

I scrolled fast and thought they were wearing navy blue sweatpants

• LOL 1

10 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Speaking of the Bears, they're wearing the navy pants for padded practice today, something I don't think I've ever seen them do.

GTbC9ThWYAAQDKq?format=jpg&name=large

Source: https://x.com/CEmma670/status/1816853863237931517?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

I wouldn't read too much into it. All four players in the orange jerseys are quarterbacks, so those are probably non-contact jerseys.

• Like 1

I’m still trying to wrap my head around the Jaguars new alternate helmet.

I mean, who the hell thought it was a good idea? There’s nothing good about taking a blank standard catalog Riddell helmet, slapping a damn logo on it, and saying “yeah this is so f***ing icy fr 🥶❄️”.

• Like 6

Behold our new ranting initialism IFIS, Icy for Icy Sake.

Teal was literally right there.

Oddly enough I would have liked white for the Texans instead of two navy helmets with only difference being red flake.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, rfraser85 said:

I wouldn't read too much into it. All four players in the orange jerseys are quarterbacks, so those are probably non-contact jerseys.

Well since the comment was about navy pants and not orange jerseys, you could say you didn't read too much into it.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

It's where I sit.

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

I’m still trying to wrap my head around the Jaguars new alternate helmet.

I mean, who the hell thought it was a good idea? There’s nothing good about taking a blank standard catalog Riddell helmet, slapping a damn logo on it, and saying “yeah this is so f***ing icy fr 🥶❄️”.

Still scratching my head too. No idea what they were going for here. Doesn’t match the uniform they’re wearing it with, doesn’t fit the brand at all, just makes zero sense and looks bad .

6 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

Why does this screenshot from Madden have the Vikings in a throwback helmet with the regular away uniform? Really strange to have this kind of mistake in marketing for a major thing.

madden-nfl-25-gameplay-details.jpg?w=102

Because EA can phone it in when they have an exclusive license. 

• Like 6

I can already see problems with the Jaguars new white helmet beyond trend chasing. GUD has a placeholder image of the helmet and black jersey.

2024_JAX_4TBA.png

I thought that either white pants and black socks or vice-versa might look all right with the white helmet, but the teal on the sleeves and collar is giving a bad first impression. It's amazing how such a minimalist uniform set can have so many issues.

• Hurl 3

6 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Why does this screenshot from Madden have the Vikings in a throwback helmet with the regular away uniform? Really strange to have this kind of mistake in marketing for a major thing.

madden-nfl-25-gameplay-details.jpg?w=102

EA also has the Bengals in their white helmet with their regular road uniform with black socks in the trailer.

1 hour ago, SportsFan12 said:

EA also has the Bengals in their white helmet with their regular road uniform with black socks in the trailer.

That one is more likely. The Bengals could have a CR game, which now uses their primary white jersey, and someone decides to wear black socks instead of white.

• Like 1