2024 NFL Changes

1 hour ago, Klondyke said:

I thought Max brought a real analytical side to the platform, but SAS got him fired and replaced him with toned down clones of himself/Skip.

I hated Max because of his statement that "no one cares about hockey"

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

I think that tweet was inspired by the clashing idea behind the name Falcons. It's supposed to be a quick, agile bird. The logo they had from the 60s-2002 was static, dopey looking, and poorly rendered.

I won't say the Falcons old uniforms are bad by any means, but I think helmet stripes  (especially 5 of them) really fit the more static team brands (Colts, Packers) than the modern teams, especially for a team that is supposed to represent speed. But also it could be me being 30 and having no nostalgia for that brand.

Throwback rebrand for Throwback rebrand sake, ie the Jets

• Like 9

1 hour ago, raysox said:

I think that tweet was inspired by the clashing idea behind the name Falcons. It's supposed to be a quick, agile bird. The logo they had from the 60s-2002 was static, dopey looking, and poorly rendered.

I won't say the Falcons old uniforms are bad by any means, but I think helmet stripes  (especially 5 of them) really fit the more static team brands (Colts, Packers) than the modern teams, especially for a team that is supposed to represent speed. But also it could be me being 30 and having no nostalgia for that brand.

I just hate the overly innovative stuff. Keep it classy, beautiful and play ball. No more  uniforms or fonts that look "Falcony" lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, raysox said:

The old logo for me just kind of had a “cool” factor to it. Kind of aloof and chilled out, especially on the black helmet. It was kind of like if somebody had made the Pink Panther theme song into a logo. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

The Falcons need more gold accents in their overall uniform. The helmet stripe on the throwback isn’t enough 

spacer.png

I always felt that the gold felt forced (maybe it was since it was to appease the Georgia Tech fans to not look similar to the Bulldogs).  it could work, but maybe just in small doses.

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, TBGKon said:

I always felt that the gold felt forced (maybe it was since it was to appease the Georgia Tech fans to not look similar to the Bulldogs).  it could work, but maybe just in small doses.

Trim on the sleeve and pants stripes and call it day.

However, we know how teams get with tertiary accent colors. Before we know it, boom  plain matte gold pants from the back pages of a high school sports catalog.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JonDowd said:

I almost always prefer a “static” logo to an overly aggressive logo.

Aggresive and “angry” logos always come off as childish to me.

I agree.  Too often it seems as if designers are just overthinking. 

"Here's this fine falcon. Now, let's angle it slightly to make it looks like it's moving. 🤯😱"

If you want to make a better falcon, fine. But the placement and angle of the logo on a helmet, once in use, is never more than decoration. Any sort of meaning behind it, whether it be implied aggression or the ridiculous jaguar leaping out from the dark, never translates. . 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

7 hours ago, TBGKon said:

Maybe not a straight up copy, but used as inspiration.  A simplified modern logo like the one @raysox shared on X would be a good start.

This guy just doesn't get it.

I said this in the Unpopular Opinions thread: the old logo has a charm that the current logo lacks completely. The "compromise" logo fixes nothing.

• Like 1
  • Yawn 2