24-25 NBA changes

DJT

On 10/8/2024 at 11:06 AM, pepis21 said:

Lakers officialy unveil their City:

For the first time with matching court:

GZYpUNlWkAAGAkc?format=jpg&name=large

Happy to finally see a matching court, but bummed it matches with another lousy uni. Just make the Mambas an alt and leave black off of everything else. The Lakers fumble every other city edition that tries to shoehorn it in. Lavender unis are just sitting there. It'd be unique, an instant hit, and play so well historically, subbing in for the powder blue from MPLS/Elgin era LA stuff. The Kings, Suns or Raptors are going to end up swiping the idea and ending the opportunity.

• Like 1

On 10/8/2024 at 5:04 PM, SantosD_ said:

Mavs made some changes on the court design for this season:

image.png

Love the return of the real logo, and skyline. Losing the royal blue skyline sucks though, because they had all the former player names on it. I'm sure that was a beast to maintain, but it was cool on tv to be able to pick out names.

• Like 3

im gonna be honest, i really dislike the grey flooring for the mavericks. it just doesnt look good to me and frankly i dont think it works for anyone outside of brooklyn. ever since the nets introduced that grey court other teams have been picking up on it too. usually in alternate form. but now we've got two teams officially playing on grey. or grey-sh technically

• Like 7

21 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

im gonna be honest, i really dislike the grey flooring for the mavericks. it just doesnt look good to me and frankly i dont think it works for anyone outside of brooklyn. ever since the nets introduced that grey court other teams have been picking up on it too. usually in alternate form. but now we've got two teams officially playing on grey. or grey-sh technically

I don't like grey courts at all tbh

On 2024-10-12 at 7:50 PM, pelicanfan said:

The only other team it could work for are the Spurs.

57 minutes ago, VampyrRabbit said:

Speaking of The Mavs and grey, pics of their City Uniform have leaked.

dallas-mavericks-24-25-city-edition-jers

The strangest thing about the Mavs/Leon Bridges collab the last two seasons is that he's done absolutely nothing to promote it on his social media pages. If you don't read the press release (like most people), you wouldn't even know he had a hand in designing it. 

• Like 2

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

The NBA has a huge identity crisis going on. The amount of alternate/promo uniforms and logos they now offer is just simply destroying each team's brand. At some point it has to end (with direction from a new commish of course). I know many others feel the same.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

4 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

I don't see how it destroys a team's brand when it's only worn a few games per season. The bulk of the games use the team's brand.

A few games? It feels like more than half the games feature some alternate uniform. Back in the day, a team only had home and road uniforms until they added a single alternate in the mid-90s. Now Nike has leaguewide uniform programs that look like some rejected concept by the most unqualified people from this site's Concepts forum. When you're constantly wearing uniforms, colors or designs that are not a part of your primary identity, it dilutes that identity. There's no brand recognition.

• Like 1