2024 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIX

Not sure if anyone had posted, but Mike Reiss the Pats beat reporter said like two weeks ago Pats have discussed the silver pants being the default home option. Maybe we shall see tomorrow…

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Froob said:

Not sure if anyone had posted, but Mike Reiss the Pats beat reporter said like two weeks ago Pats have discussed the silver pants being the default home option. Maybe we shall see tomorrow…

The full text was:

“The Patriots have had internal discussions about possibly wearing silver pants (instead of the standard blue) for a game(s), which would give its game-day uniform a different look. But there is no confirmation at this time when/if it will happen.”

This is no different from 2022 (worn once) or 2023 (worn twice). I don't think we're going to see a real change; this just means they're going to wear them for a game or two this season. This is especially annoying given that fans have been CLAMORING for them to return full-time since they were announced two years ago. 

All of the media day pics are in the all-blues, and that's what they're wearing in the preseason opener.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SportsFan12 said:

Interesting choices here. No throwbacks in Miami after Week 2 is kinda wild.

Based on this, we can confirm it will be regular aqua Week 16 vs. the 49ers.

Only 2 alternate games? I'm disappointed.

Would've loved this again

spacer.png

• Like 2

Another color-deprived AFC v. NFC matchup this season. You'd think the Bengals would don some orange the weekend before Halloween. I miss the days when a matchup was safe from white at home if weather wasn't a factor. Now it just happens at any point in the season.

23 hours ago, Froob said:

Should have just done a modernized version of the throwbacks they are wearing (basically same thing with the current logo).

It was staring them right in the face with their color rush too.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SportsFan12 said:

Another color-deprived AFC v. NFC matchup this season. You'd think the Bengals would don some orange the weekend before Halloween. I miss the days when a matchup was safe from white at home if weather wasn't a factor. Now it just happens at any point in the season.

Didn't teams do it just as much back then? Depending on what time and years you're going on. The Texans for instance used to wear their white jerseys at home for 2-3 games. Then you have instances in the really old days. Where teams did it for whatever reason.

I like the WAH thing. It can be good if a team pulls it off well. Last year when the Seahawks wore their white jerseys (with the navy pants) at home, I thought it looked good with their home stadium Lumen Field. I like seeing how a team's  uniform combo they mostly wear on the road will look at their home stadium for such reason.

52 minutes ago, gothedistance said:

I like the WAH thing. It can be good if a team pulls it off well. Last year when the Seahawks wore their white jerseys (with the navy pants) at home, I thought it looked good with their home stadium Lumen Field. I like seeing how a team's  uniform combo they mostly wear on the road will look at their home stadium for such reason.

i think the seahawks should have never done that, they were the only team to never do white at home, and they wore that uniform combo twice the whole season, but because they wore it in the super bowl, they just HAD to wear it against the team they opened the season against, and not celebrate it with something different than what we wear literally 75% of road games each year (about 50% now, point still stands as that is the primary road combo)

9 hours ago, VikWings said:

The Lions were so close. The stripe less blue and white pants bring an otherwise great set down a peg.

Agreed, but the look is still a clear upgrade. Silver pants full time would look great, blues on the road is ok too. Just need to avoid the white pants.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, VikWings said:

The Lions were so close. The stripe less blue and white pants bring an otherwise great set down a peg.

Stripeless pants were supposedly done to promote mix-and-match possibilities, but I feel like they're just going to end up using mono-color 90% of the time.

• Like 5

On 8/8/2024 at 10:38 AM, SportsFan12 said:

I miss the days when a matchup was safe from white at home if weather wasn't a factor.

Back in the day some non-warm weather teams did WAH regularly, off the top of my head the Eagles, 'Skins, Browns did this even well into the '90's, if not later.

njrx617.png

1 hour ago, Michael Bolton said:

Back in the day some non-warm weather teams did WAH regularly, off the top of my head the Eagles, 'Skins, Browns did this even well into the '90's, if not later.

This is true. I just mean it seemed more consistent and predictable before recently. Teams would generally do it for the first few games. Now it pops up in random weeks in the middle of the season. It also worked better when it was just the team's regular white uniform with the correct helmet and contrasting socks.

I definitely noticed the difference in blues between the lions jersey and helmet last night, while I was at first excited about the return of the blue facemask, for some reason it looks "off" and actually would have preferred a grey one, if they couldn't match the colors at least. 

2483115_nxeosjolm2c981k_full.jpeg