2024 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIX

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

Gonna get blasted for this one, but there is nothing less interesting and more space consuming than full-season uniform predictions that serve nothing but to exercise the poster's fingers and make the thread pages and pages away from any legitimate discussion.  I suppose this post is somewhat the same thing, but i'm sticking to it.

Since this is about reality, maybe there could be the "pointless full-season uniform-prediction outpost."

Agreed, same thing I think about mock drafts before the draft! I have no problem with folks predicting unis for specific games on the schedule, just not the entire schedule. But to each his own!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BBTV said:

Gonna get blasted for this one, but there is nothing less interesting and more space consuming than full-season uniform predictions that serve nothing but to exercise the poster's fingers and make the thread pages and pages away from any legitimate discussion.  I suppose this post is somewhat the same thing, but i'm sticking to it.

Since this is about reality, maybe there could be the "pointless full-season uniform-prediction outpost."

This has been brought up quite a few times and I think the general consensus tends to land on "who cares, let them have some fun, it's a uniform thread." Typing my Bucs schedule out distracted me from work for 15 solid minutes and doesn't seem to be hurting anyone/the discussion, so, sorry I guess. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

ClAFLDa.png

I saw something interesting on GUD for the Cowboys. For Week 10 against the Eagles, GUD has the Cowboys wearing the RWB striped helmet, likely for Veteran's Day weekend. I wonder if the Cowboys are doing this for every Veteran's Day weekend and if so, whether or not this helmet would be worn with the navy jersey as well.

The Gridiron Uniform Database (gridiron-uniforms.com)

On 5/24/2024 at 6:30 PM, throwmesomepics said:

Since this is the part of the offseason where there's little news regarding uniform changes and schedules, I'll share my predictions for the Seahawks. I tried to make it somewhat realistic but I know most of this will be wrong. Bears might wear orange, seattle will definitely wear white/navy more than 3 times, rams might do blue pants on the road, SF will likely wear primary home jerseys, GB could wear the all-white uniforms with their new alternate helmet, Miami and Minnesota could likely wear white pants

(images might not be working I’m trying to figure that out rn)

spacer.pngspacer.pngScreenshot-2024-05-24-at-6-12-31-PM.pngspacer.png

I know people on this thread get annoyed by predictions, but I think I finally got my images to work and I wanted to share. This is just for fun, I hope this doesn't offend anyone. No news is coming out at this time and this is a community of people who love uniforms, so there should be no harm in sharing and contributing to discussion about uniform matchups, which is what this thread is about.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

9 hours ago, BBTV said:

Last year's thread said (paraphrasing) 'don't use this to make your predictions' in the opening post. This year says 'go ahead'.  I'll sit out this year's thread, because I'm in agreement with you on the pointlessness of those predictions at any point in the year.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2

It's where I sit.

17 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Last year's thread said (paraphrasing) 'don't use this to make your predictions' in the opening post. This year says 'go ahead'.  I'll sit out this year's thread, because I'm in agreement with you on the pointlessness of those predictions at any point in the year.

Pretty sure he said that it was not a prediction thread, meaning he wanted to do the TBD thing rather than predict the matchups himself at the beginning of each week like he used to.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

I'm in agreement with you

Which invariably means you're right.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Interested in what Baltimore will wear for the opener against KC. I was watching highlights of their previous games in the Mahomes/Jackson era and the Ravens have worn different uniforms in each game

2018 week 14:

Spoiler

gettyimages-1070649992.jpg?resize=1536,1

2019 week 3:

Spoiler

skysports-chiefs-demarcus-robinson_47840

2020 week 3:

Spoiler

861af10075fc3216e2b2e8e6979cdc95cc89f99e

2021 week 2:

Spoiler

usa_today_16791008.0.jpg

2023 AFC Championship:

Spoiler

ompxtbsn6cjy1saqq8kh.jpg

• Like 2

On 5/22/2024 at 2:59 AM, TheBigFiz21 said:

I had just prepared my predictions for the Ravens schedule last night for when this thread would eventually go up. Here it goes.

coeldXZ.png

AmjiJMt.png?1

VQGe4rq.png

* - Substitute default helmet for alternate helmet

Other notes:

• On one hand, I could've set myself on the Ravens going with the white pants at KC on opening night. But I went with purple with the expectation that they'll want to look just as good as the Chiefs wearing that red/white as they often do.
  • From a fan's perspective, I'm glad Ravens/Cowboys is NOT a Thanksgiving game otherwise I'd miss that to fly home to Baltimore for said weekend. From a uniform variety standpoint, I don't think this is all that positive for this matchup at AT&T this year, hence why I expect the uniforms to be a repeat of the 2016 game. Of coarse, it'd be nice to see Dallas opt into the navy blue alt or '94 white throwback. If that doesn't happen, there's always a fraction of a shot in 2026. Same goes for wanting to see the 80s Giants throwbacks in December, though I expect those to be worn against an NFC East rival if still in their rotation this upcoming season.
  • The black jersey choices are mostly clear cut. Go for the "black out" in Week 4 against the Bills in white/blue. Try out the black/purple combo against the Bengals in white-tiger fashion. And last, but not least, black/white against the Steelers in a de-facto Saturday "prime time" game, despite a 2-5 record when wearing black jerseys against PIT.
  • Two of their opponents got new uniforms: Denver and Houston. When they host the Broncos, I think we'll see them debut the alternate helmet with the CR uniform making its return to contrast Denver's white/orange. As for Houston, I'm just about certain they will wear one of those alternates on Christmas against Baltimore. Regardless, I think the Ravens go all-white for their second consecutive Christmas Day game.
  • As for some of the other games, though I want white/purple vs baby blue/yellow in SoFi for the Week 12 MNF game at the Chargers, I can't see the Ravens repeating what they did in 2023. Yes, the Bolts going navy last year messed it up without question, but as I like to remember to myself, we'll never see all 17 games on a team's schedule be a certified hit, so it'll the LA Chargers getting it right this time around for me. I also really like the game vs the Commanders to see purple/black as that's my least favorite uniform and two appearances of the non-CR all-purple vs PHI and CLE respectfully.
  • I wish the forthcoming secondary helmet wasn't a thing. I was looking forward to making a prediction of all the uniform combos from helmet down to pants being used, but with the new helmet, all I can look forward to is just jerseys and pants getting paired up. Still, I went back and forth on whether that'd occur like it did in the 2021 season. Third time's the charm as they say, so I'm going for it!

The NFL only allows three alternate slots per season. Unless they give special permission, I doubt we see three black uniform games plus a color rush game.

6 hours ago, ruttep said:

I like making uniform predictions, so I'll post mine for the Niners:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

A lot of this might be accurate, but this would be a pretty boring lineup of uniform matchups. Almost all of these have happened at least once in recent years.

I'm hoping the Jets wear green pants Week 1 and the Lions switch to blue pants after the playoff loss. Dolphins wore throwback against the 49ers in 2016.  I would love to see Dallas or SF wear an alternate for once. Arctic Cowboy or Niner throwback would be a nice change of pace. And who isn't tired of that Seahawks matchup at this point?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, SportsFan12 said:

A lot of this might be accurate, but this would be a pretty boring lineup of uniform matchups. Almost all of these have happened at least once in recent years.

I'm hoping the Jets wear green pants Week 1 and the Lions switch to blue pants after the playoff loss. Dolphins wore throwback against the 49ers in 2016.  I would love to see Dallas or SF wear an alternate for once. Arctic Cowboy or Niner throwback would be a nice change of pace. And who isn't tired of that Seahawks matchup at this point?

Oh for sure I expect a couple of surprises, but Niners uniform schedules tend to be very repetitive.

I'm hoping for green/white/white/green from the Jets in Week 1, and in fact I'm not convinced adding green pants to the uniform set was even necessary, given that they'll create green leggings every time they're worn.

The Niners wear the red throwback for their home opener every year (it's always on primetime as well), and all-white in Seattle became the team's tradition after they clinched the NFC West in Seattle in 2019. It's TNF so I'd be shocked if the Seahawks aren't wearing barf green. They love wearing the red throwback against the Rams in primetime as well so I expect that will continue on TNF this year. 

I wonder if the Niners and the Cowboys feel like they have to respect the traditional uniform matchup by never changing it. I can count five times over the entire duration of the rivalry that the matchup was something other than Niners primary red vs Cowboys primary white. Two of those instances were in 1994, when the Niners essentially used the red throwbacks as a primary. The only other time in the past 45 years was in 2008 when the Cowboys wore their navy throwbacks.

Lions in blue pants would be nice, but I don't have much faith in them to make good uniform decisions.

I really hope we get Miami's throwbacks in that game, but I do expect the Dolphins to wear aqua for a late afternoon game in December regardless.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ruttep said:

Oh for sure I expect a couple of surprises, but Niners uniform schedules tend to be very repetitive.

I'm hoping for green/white/white/green from the Jets in Week 1, and in fact I'm not convinced adding green pants to the uniform set was even necessary, given that they'll create green leggings every time they're worn.

The Niners wear the red throwback for their home opener every year (it's always on primetime as well), and all-white in Seattle became the team's tradition after they clinched the NFC West in Seattle in 2019. It's TNF so I'd be shocked if the Seahawks aren't wearing barf green. They love wearing the red throwback against the Rams in primetime as well so I expect that will continue on TNF this year. 

I wonder if the Niners and the Cowboys feel like they have to respect the traditional uniform matchup by never changing it. I can count five times over the entire duration of the rivalry that the matchup was something other than Niners primary red vs Cowboys primary white. Two of those instances were in 1994, when the Niners essentially used the red throwbacks as a primary. The only other time in the past 45 years was in 2008 when the Cowboys wore their navy throwbacks.

Lions in blue pants would be nice, but I don't have much faith in them to make good uniform decisions.

I really hope we get Miami's throwbacks in that game, but I do expect the Dolphins to wear aqua for a late afternoon game in December regardless.

Personally, I'd like to see this which hasn't been seen since 1979, and has never been seen with the Cowboys navy jerseys they started wearing in 1981:

spacer.png

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, PurpleHayes said:

Personally, I'd like to see this which hasn't been seen since 1979, and has never been seen with the Cowboys navy jerseys they started wearing in 1981:

spacer.png

The Niners haven't worn their primary white uniforms at home in decades (not counting the end of the pandemic season when they forgot to pack their white throwbacks for Week 17 vs Seattle). I seriously doubt they'll ever intentionally do so again.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, ruttep said:

The Niners haven't worn their primary white uniforms at home in decades (not counting the end of the pandemic season when they forgot to pack their white throwbacks for Week 17 vs Seattle). I seriously doubt they'll ever intentionally do so again.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

This game didn’t feel real, odd visuals all around

• Like 2

I wonder if the 49ers can introduce a red helmet for the throwbacks. Red helmets would be more accurate and differentiate the primaries and throwbacks better. The throwbacks aren't bad, but if the 49ers are going to stick with the gold helmets for all jerseys and use the same shade of red, they might as well drop the throwbacks.

Red socks only would also be good, but that's a separate issue.

• Like 3