2024 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIX

20 hours ago, SportsFan12 said:

Awesome color matchup on MNF

Black socks really wouldn’t hurt in this situation. It’d be a better option than white and certainly better than green.

spacer.png

OR, and here’s a crazy thought, teams need to go back to color top/white bottom socks

• Like 1

The black helmets and pants make the Eagles look like the seasonal-affective-disorder Jaguars. Absolutely dismal. 

They should use the same shade of green that the Dallas Stars use. And silver pants. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Dislike 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Not sure if someone else already posted it, but to absolutely nobody’s surprise, the Saints will be wearing all-black uniforms tomorrow against the Panthers…

They had Taysom Hill do this awkward “big” reveal on Instagram to announce what everybody already assumed.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, kaleb_girod said:

Not sure if someone else already posted it, but to absolutely nobody’s surprise, the Saints will be wearing all-black uniforms tomorrow against the Panthers…

They had Taysom Hill do this awkward “big” reveal on Instagram to announce what everybody already assumed.

Who is calling the shots on gameday uniforms? The all black was used a lot because of Sean Payton. Did Dennis Allen carry it over from him? Maybe the players?

Carolina is choosing solid white for the game. Wish they used blue socks.

35 minutes ago, gothedistance said:

Who is calling the shots on gameday uniforms? The all black was used a lot because of Sean Payton. Did Dennis Allen carry it over from him? Maybe the players?

Carolina is choosing solid white for the game. Wish they used blue socks.

My understanding is it's the 89 or so fans who respond to the Saints Twitter question every week asking what uniform they should wear, and I'm guessing most of those respondents are high schoolers.

• Eyeroll 1

33 minutes ago, PurpleHayes said:

My understanding is it's the 89 or so fans who respond to the Saints Twitter question every week asking what uniform they should wear, and I'm guessing most of those respondents are high schoolers.

Apparently I’ve heard that the players choose the uniforms, so of course they go with the trendy looks, like the 89 high schoolers lol. I just wish if anything that the all-black went back to being reserved for primetime games. Their uniform decisions now are just so lazy.

And I HATE that the Panthers are going solid white. It just makes the matchup so much worse. I remember back in the 2010’s with Brees and the Panthers would always go blue/black socks. At least it saved the matchup a bit…

• Like 2

3 hours ago, VikWings said:

The Eagles black jersey is fine as a once per year alt, but the black pants and helmet should have never been added, looked better with white pants.

If they ever did go back to kelly green full time it would probably look better.

mens-mitchell-and-ness-randall-cunningha

(I might still go with white numbers though)

Yeah I was hoping if the NFL kept it at 2 helmets, that we’d see the black uniforms redesigned around the Kelly green helmet and look (if they were dead set on keeping them)

Could still happen, but they’d probably do Kelly green wings on a black helmet now.

15 minutes ago, sudden said:

Saw this for the first time on the ESPN link. Sorry if I missed it here earlier.

stave it off, 1 2 3 and now you can count to three

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

6 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

Good uniform, but it would look better if they did this.

2024_NYJ_B.png

Yep. They don’t even have to look far back into their history to find it. Use the 1998-2018 sock design and update the green. Done. 

8 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Black socks really wouldn’t hurt in this situation. It’d be a better option than white and certainly better than green.

spacer.png

OR, and here’s a crazy thought, teams need to go back to color top/white bottom socks

The thing about black socks is that they have basically banished the color black to their alt, so there just wouldn’t be anything matching it. 

Personally I’d prefer if they used white socks with green stripes, similar to those in their 1998-2018 set. And then solid green socks with the white pants. But then again I’m old. 

6 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah I was hoping if the NFL kept it at 2 helmets, that we’d see the black uniforms redesigned around the Kelly green helmet and look (if they were dead set on keeping them)

Could still happen, but they’d probably do Kelly green wings on a black helmet now.

Kelly green wings (with white outlines) on a black helmet - that actually doesn’t sound bad to me. Is that weird?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BBTV said:

There's also something about the Eagles black helmet that I can't put my finger on, but it doesn't seem.... black.  I don't know if there's something goofy with the paint or what, but it seems almost like really-dark charcoal than actual black, at least on TV.

IDK if this is a mini or a real one, and it's obviously from last year, but this is what I'm talking about.  The black in the wings is clearly blacker than the shell.

Screen_Shot_2022_09_28_at_6.23.39_AM.0.p

Yes, agreed. I noticed that last night as well. And I think you're right: because the shell is flecked, it comes off as charcoal instead of true black.