2024 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIX

@MJD7 , I really think that the Lions would be better served leaning into the blue pants with silver stripes. The pant stripes truly complete the look. I like the mono blue on Detroit more than I thought I would last year and that's a combo the team should lean into and not short change in favor of a blue/black/blue combo that looks nice but isn't as good as the silver/blue/blue combo.

Or just say screw it and have two pairs of blue pants.  Maybe drop the black or white britches if the team doesn't want to pay for five pairs of pants for every player.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, SportsFan12 said:

I thought for sure this would be an all-white game for Buffalo, but this will be another colorful prime time matchup.

And against the Miami throwbacks. Early contender for uniform matchup of the year. I absolutely love when the Bills wear this combo. Unfortunately both the Bills and the fans don't like them due to the idea that they are cursed. I miss the striped socks but no way those are coming back.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

The Bengals have two pairs of white pants, and they've never had this issue as far as I know. 

That is a good counterpoint, although I’d be fine with the Bengals completely dropping the pair with orange stripes, if they are set on not filling in the black segments. The white jersey having only black stripes is what makes things difficult for them (although it results in the sweet white tiger alternate).

7 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

@MJD7 , I really think that the Lions would be better served leaning into the blue pants with silver stripes. The pant stripes truly complete the look. I like the mono blue on Detroit more than I thought I would last year and that's a combo the team should lean into and not short change in favor of a blue/black/blue combo that looks nice but isn't as good as the silver/blue/blue combo.

Or just say screw it and have two pairs of blue pants.  Maybe drop the black or white britches if the team doesn't want to pay for five pairs of pants for every player.

That would be the most sensible solution. Honestly, I don’t think silver & white stripes would look too  bad paired with the black alternate, since the jersey has silver outlines for the numbers & a white nameplate (oddly enough).

As an alternate, I’d take the blue/black/blue combo ober silver/blue/blue any day of the week, though.

• Like 1

I have to say, after watching MNF and seeing the Jets in green/white/green/green, I'm not as angry about the green socks as I was earlier in the week. Don't get me wrong, contrasting socks would still be miles better, but the extra pop of color from the green pants and the cleaner, no-frills look of the Sack Exchange uniforms compared to last year's set made for a pretty aesthetically pleasing matchup. I would still prefer the combo that they wore with white pants last year, but I'm on board with green pants if they can bring back the striped socks to wear with them.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, YelichGraphics said:

And against the Miami throwbacks. Early contender for uniform matchup of the year. I absolutely love when the Bills wear this combo. Unfortunately both the Bills and the fans don't like them due to the idea that they are cursed. I miss the striped socks but no way those are coming back.

I also love when they wear this, and it's been years since this look saw the field before the all-white.

I think the solid white socks work just about as nicely as the striped socks did. This graphic suggests blue socks but doesn't say it outright. Either way, game should look a lot like the 2016 meeting:

89920d3e32b46530ee0d1bfd0f50874985a19b01

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Gross. Maybe they would've stuck with columbia blue bottoms if they didn't blow that big lead last week. This will be the first time they ever wear the current white jersey/white pants combo for a home game. 

I miss from '08-'12 when they would just wear light blue pants with the white jersey no matter what. Seems like some teams feel like they need to mix things up all the time these days for the sake of social media reveals.

• Facepalm 1

Seahawks are wearing navy pants at New England, who is probably also wearing navy pants. Lovely.

Bears are wearing orange helmets and jerseys at Houston on SNF. Had a feeling this would happen since the Bears have been doing this for games where the home team wears white. That's gonna be a weird-looking matchup.

2 hours ago, SportsFan12 said:

Seahawks are wearing navy pants at New England, who is probably also wearing navy pants. Lovely.

Bears are wearing orange helmets and jerseys at Houston on SNF. Had a feeling this would happen since the Bears have been doing this for games where the home team wears white. That's gonna be a weird-looking matchup.

I don't hate the Bears wearing orange against another team wearing a lot of navy (even if Houston is wearing white jerseys at home). These two quoted statements are interesting to me because I would presume the reason the Seahawks in a navy-heavy away look vs. New England in presumably all navy is sarcastically lovely is the overload of navy. The Bears in orange breaks that up against Houston (even though Houston is in white over white). If the Bears wore navy, it would still look kind of like a scrimmage (e.g. Nebraska vs. Wisconsin, etc.).

To be clear, that's not a criticism. I just thought it was interesting. Alternatively, if you just don't like the Bears' orange jerseys/helmets, then that's fair too.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ted Cunningham said:

I don't hate the Bears wearing orange against another team wearing a lot of navy (even if Houston is wearing white jerseys at home). These two quoted statements are interesting to me because I would presume the reason the Seahawks in a navy-heavy away look vs. New England in presumably all navy is sarcastically lovely is the overload of navy. The Bears in orange breaks that up against Houston (even though Houston is in white over white). If the Bears wore navy, it would still look kind of like a scrimmage (e.g. Nebraska vs. Wisconsin, etc.).

To be clear, that's not a criticism. I just thought it was interesting. Alternatively, if you just don't like the Bears' orange jerseys/helmets, then that's fair too.

I think wearing orange jerseys at Houston is fine. I just think the orange look has gotten a lot worse with the addition of the orange helmet and socks. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

14 hours ago, SportsFan12 said:

I also love when they wear this, and it's been years since this look saw the field before the all-white.

I think the solid white socks work just about as nicely as the striped socks did. This graphic suggests blue socks but doesn't say it outright. Either way, game should look a lot like the 2016 meeting:

89920d3e32b46530ee0d1bfd0f50874985a19b01

I forgot about how strange those socks were. At first glance they're blue with white stripes like the home sleeves, but then you look closer and the red outlines indicate they're actually white with blue stripes like the away sleeves but with a big blue bar at the top. It made the white jersey/blue pants combo worse for no good reason.

• Like 2

ExJworW.png

9 hours ago, SportsFan12 said:

I think wearing orange jerseys at Houston is fine. I just think the orange look has gotten a lot worse with the addition of the orange helmet and socks. 

I don't think it's fine for one of the league's cornerstone major-market franchises with a rookie #1 overall pick to appear on national television looking like some mid-major college program. Brand equity mother:censored:er do you value it. (The Bears, not you.)

• Like 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫