2024 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIX

12 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

Very curious to see what the Jets wear next Thursday night. They wore white over white in their primetime home opener last year, but that was an alternate then. Do they open with white at home again? Do they wear green because it's the first home game with a new set? Do they wear black because it's primetime?

I kind of think they go with all green. It's a nice blend of getting to wear their primary color in their first home game while still wearing something "special" for primetime. 

E_JB1_2301

Not a big fan of monochrome, but the presence of a wide stripe on the pants will help, at least. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

Very curious to see what the Jets wear next Thursday night. They wore white over white in their primetime home opener last year, but that was an alternate then. Do they open with white at home again? Do they wear green because it's the first home game with a new set? Do they wear black because it's primetime?

I kind of think they go with all green. It's a nice blend of getting to wear their primary color in their first home game while still wearing something "special" for primetime. 

E_JB1_2301

Since NYJ wore white over green at San Francisco, I'm going to guess they do all white. Especially based on last year despite having night games. I know it was an alternate/throwback then, but prior to that, they wore their white uniforms at home for at least a couple of games since 2021.

1 hour ago, SportsFan12 said:

Derek Carr said it was a captain's decision this week, implying that maybe it isn't always? Either way, terrible choice as usual.

It was also a captain’s (Taysom Hill) choice last week. Apparently this season they’re letting the team captains choose the uniforms…

In other words, get ready for “SCARY” all-black and “ICY” all-white every week. SMH

The Saints once again fall victim to uniform superstition as they always do. They thrashed the Panthers last week in all-black, so let’s wear it again…

The Jets breaking out the right combos first two weeks while everyone else is goofing off is a pleasant surprise given we're two years removed from them in white and forgetting green exists for 85% of the games. And as you guys said, even if they go monochrome, the pants striping helps break it up pretty well

Last night I wanted someone to do a mockup of the Dolphins' throwbacks with the current Dolphins colors. Even though the logo sucks, I love the current aqua and orange and I feel like last night proved how the throwback aqua's a bit too green and the orange is a bit too dark. A marriage of the classic logo and striping and the current colors would probably set them up for a long while to not need to change

• Like 2

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

1 hour ago, RyanMcD29 said:

The Jets breaking out the right combos first two weeks while everyone else is goofing off is a pleasant surprise given we're two years removed from them in white and forgetting green exists for 85% of the games. And as you guys said, even if they go monochrome, the pants striping helps break it up pretty well

Last night I wanted someone to do a mockup of the Dolphins' throwbacks with the current Dolphins colors. Even though the logo sucks, I love the current aqua and orange and I feel like last night proved how the throwback aqua's a bit too green and the orange is a bit too dark. A marriage of the classic logo and striping and the current colors would probably set them up for a long while to not need to change

Found this on Twitter

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Hurl 1
  • Dislike 1

6 hours ago, rfraser85 said:

Any chance somebody could make the MNF teams wear black socks or even leggings this week? GUD has the Falcons in black/white/white/white against the Eagles in green/green/white/white, and it looks extremely bland.

I was really hoping the Falcons went with black pants. I guess they haven’t had many prime time games in recent years and couldn’t resist showing off their iCy WhItE.

12 hours ago, SportsFan12 said:

I was really hoping the Falcons went with black pants. I guess they haven’t had many prime time games in recent years and couldn’t resist showing off their iCy WhItE.

These "white overload" (all white vs white leggings) games have become a thing in recent years and it's infuriating. Especially since most of the time, the dark jersey/ white leggings looks weren't even designed for leggings, it's just that when given the choice, the vast majority of players these days don't want to wear contrasting socks. 

• Like 4

Per GUD, it looks like Chicago has jumped aboard the “you can’t tell me what color/style of socks to wear nanananabooboo” train. Wouldn’t think that would happen with the McCaskeys in power. They join the Packers, 49ers, Cowboys, Raiders (on the road), Buccaneers (except maybe with the pewter pants), Chargers, Dolphins, Patriots…am I missing any? The league really needs to go back to enforcing the rules on blatant uniform violations. 

On the plus side, the Lions appear to be wearing their traditional home combo this week. 

• Like 1