2024 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIX

3 hours ago, Pharos04 said:

Patriots have silver pants at home today!

GXiA2QSWQAASUq6?format=jpg&name=medium

They look NORMAL!!

Death to mono-blue!!!

What's the point of bringing out gray pants if the player is going wear them extremely short and cover most of them up with navy from the bottom up and the top down - there's like 12" of gray showing.

• LOL 1
  • Yawn 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

19 minutes ago, ruttep said:

I'm worried that the Lions are gonna turn on their classic home combo after they lost today. Lions fans seemed to support mono-blue because they won in it and that preference might only increase.

Their next home game is likely a black jersey game on Monday night. After that they’re not home again until Week 8. Maybe they’ll have forgotten about this loss by then. Maybe not.

48 minutes ago, ruttep said:

I'm worried that the Lions are gonna turn on their classic home combo after they lost today. Lions fans seemed to support mono-blue because they won in it and that preference might only increase.

Same could be said for the Saints now. Two wins in a row now scoring 40+ points in all-black and this one being against the Cowboys… yeah the all-black isn’t going anywhere anytime soon.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, ruttep said:

On the positive side, maybe Tampa will stick with this look, black socks included since they won.

2 hours ago, kaleb_girod said:

Same could be said for the Saints now. Two wins in a row now scoring 40+ points in all-black and this one being against the Cowboys… yeah the all-black isn’t going anywhere anytime soon.

It's been 20+ years at this point, it already wasn't going anywhere

• Like 3

playoff3.png

5 hours ago, SportsFan12 said:

Why couldn’t the Panthers wear black somewhere for this one? They refuse to wear the light blue socks 90% of the time but then wear them against a light blue team.

I wish the schedule makers scheduled this game in November or December. Would have liked to see the Chargers white jersey and yellow pants combo against the Panthers black jersey.

This game could be recovered if the teams draw each other in 2026. But I don't think the chances are good now that LAC has Jim Harbaugh.

• Like 1

The Bears helmet is driving me bonkers. I am watching on my bedroom tv (32 inches) and unless they are showing it up close I can’t see the blue C in the sea of orange and the lights reflecting off of them. It just doesn’t pop. I am sure someone smarter than me can explain the color science of this. If they wanted to go with an orange helmet then they should have put the bear head logo or some classic stripes on it instead. 

• Like 7

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

I’ll echo the sentiment that the Texans’ uniforms (at least their white ones) look better than they should. Yes, the number font needs work (and is inferior to the original font), and yes, contrasting socks would be an improvement, but overall I’m seeing a healthy amount of restraint.

The Bears would be better off to donate their orange helmets to the Broncos.

Edited by DustDevil61
Original
  • Like 5

Insert Signature Here?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On 9/15/2024 at 8:21 PM, kaleb_girod said:

I really hope that the Patriots don’t get away from the silver pants after losing today, but we all know how that goes…

Same thing goes with the Lions, and the all-orange—with Black socks, of course—for the Bengals (speaking of looks that are better than they have any right to be).

Edited by DustDevil61
Punctuation correction
  • Like 1

Insert Signature Here?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

6 hours ago, DustDevil61 said:

Same thing goes with the Lions, and the all-orange—with Black socks, of course)—for the Bengals (speaking of looks that are better than they have any right to be).

Yep. Why does it always seem like teams end up losing when wearing their best combos? I can remember many years of the Saints breaking out the gold pants for games only to lose in embarrassing fashion. Then you’d never see them again…

I really hate that uniform superstition is a thing.

• Like 3