2024 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIX

On 7/11/2024 at 10:56 AM, rfraser85 said:

They might also be saving a slot or two for any possible white-at-home or color-vs.-color games. Their road opponents don't typically wear white at home, but there may be some surprises. We should know more in August, since the Seahawks release a jersey schedule.

The Rams, Jets, and Bears in their white throwback jerseys do. The first two early in the season. Don't know if it was a one time thing, but if it continues, the Cardinals might join in on the all white for Christmas time. If Arizona repeats what they did last year against the 49ers, they could wear the all white at home when hosting Seattle.

29 minutes ago, gothedistance said:

The Rams, Jets, and Bears in their white throwback jerseys do. The first two early in the season.

Not sure that would come up, then, considering that the Seahawks have the Jets in Week 13, and visit the Rams in Week 18. The Bears in Week 17 on TNF could still be a possible white throwback at home. Bears wore them on TNF against Dallas in 2019 and MNF against Minnesota in 2021.

15 hours ago, gothedistance said:

The Rams, Jets, and Bears in their white throwback jerseys do. The first two early in the season. Don't know if it was a one time thing, but if it continues, the Cardinals might join in on the all white for Christmas time. If Arizona repeats what they did last year against the 49ers, they could wear the all white at home when hosting Seattle.

I think it would be Week 15 vs. New England. That’s when it was last season.

On 7/12/2024 at 12:20 PM, throwmesomepics said:

They had action green posters up in the background at the 2024 media day photoshoots, it's still in the rotation but we'll see if and when they wear it

spacer.png
2009 set looked so dull compared to these

I agree with that. The green on the 2012 ones look much better than the 2002 ones.

Edit: Colorwise, not jersey wise.

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, throwmesomepics said:

https://www.steelers.com/schedule/event-calendar/game-themes/

Steelers released their game themes for 2024. Couldn't confirm any uniform news after skimming this but they could wear block number throwbacks vs the Jets or Browns since those are the Alumni Weekend and Hall of Honor games

maybe we can get an actual 1974 throwback this time

21 hours ago, throwmesomepics said:

https://www.steelers.com/schedule/event-calendar/game-themes/

Steelers released their game themes for 2024. Couldn't confirm any uniform news after skimming this but they could wear block number throwbacks vs the Jets or Browns since those are the Alumni Weekend and Hall of Honor games

Holding out just enough hope that they opt to wear it vs the Cowboys in Week 5, but wouldn't be let down if they choose one of those two opponents you mentioned.

• Like 1

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

Just now, ptay said:

Isn't that the Colts' usual away look anyways? I don't know why they have to make a 'special' announcement about it....

They're wearing them at home.

I don't mind white at home, but I've always preferred it as an early season "it's too hot" thing than this new "cold, icy winter" thing. And it is obviously nonsensical to tie weather to uniforms for a team that plays in a dome, though. 

• Like 8

6 hours ago, SportsFan12 said:

Incredibly random, but good to see the Bucs will wear red vs. the Raiders for the first time since 2008!

Quite strange, that. If my team’s only truly noteworthy game against the other team were spanking them in the Super Bowl while wearing red, I would want to wear red every time I played them. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ptay said:

Isn't that the Colts' usual away look anyways? I don't know why they have to make a 'special' announcement about it....

Maybe this means the Colts are going to start wearing the blue socks full time again. If this is the case, and the Vikings do the same thing with their purple socks, I'd call this a win.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, rfraser85 said:

Maybe this means the Colts are going to start wearing the blue socks full time again. If this is the case, and the Vikings do the same thing with their purple socks, I'd call this a win.

I doubt any team that currently does the 🥶 crap for most road games will stop that this season. I think we’re still a year or two away. 

20 minutes ago, SavardToColton said:

Buried in an article on the team website, the Bucs also announced that their home game against the Falcons will be this year's Creamsicle game.

The Falcons only have two white road options: mono-white or black leggings . . . 🤦‍♂️

4 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

They're wearing them at home.

I don't mind white at home, but I've always preferred it as an early season "it's too hot" thing than this new "cold, icy winter" thing. And it is obviously nonsensical to tie weather to uniforms for a team that plays in a dome, though. 

I typically like white at home in early season home day games. I always feel it is out of place later in the year or at night unless you're the  bucs, dolphins, or cowboys. The new commanders at the end of the year in white does not feel right. I thought somehow it did work for the jets in their two primetime games early in the season.

39 minutes ago, ltjets21 said:

The new commanders at the end of the year in white does not feel right.

I feel like that's just following the tradition of wearing white against the Cowboys to force them to wear the navy jerseys

1 hour ago, throwmesomepics said:

Falcons could always wear black jerseys on the road and do a color v color matchup just like they did last year at Tennessee

spacer.png

Never been a fan of color vs color.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1