Weirdest NBA Uniform Matchups

17 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

washington-wizards.jpg

Any time this uniform was worn was a a weird matchup. These and the Mavericks trash bag uniforms.

Any time the shorts in a basketball uniform contrast with the jersey is bizarre

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stumpygremlin said:

But yet the monochrome look is frowned upon in football. Why's that? Genuinely asking.

Just the way uniforms have evolved in both sports. To understand what conventional design standards are in each sport, take a look at what's considered "classic"- like the Celtics, Knicks, and Lakers (not the purple, they :censored: that up) of the NBA world and the Packers, Bears, Steelers, etc. of the NFL world. Contrasting jerseys and pants became the standard in the NFL over time, while the NBA moved towards both being the same color. There were a few early NBA jerseys that had contrasting shorts, but they died out fairly quickly

• Like 1

On 7/10/2024 at 3:09 PM, throwmesomepics said:

spacer.png

This has to be the worst one. The thunder had to switch to white jerseys at halftime

Edit: I misinterpreted the prompt, both teams are close to their identities but this is definitely one of the "wackier" ones

Another equally bad uniform matchup, featuring the Atlanta Hawks once again and the New York Knicks. From 2013:

450109217-iman-shumpert-of-the-new-york-

• Like 1

On 7/24/2024 at 8:01 AM, FriedPickles said:

Why this shyit sound like it was written by ChatGPT?

It's been a while since we've had a gimmick account...

• LOL 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 7/24/2024 at 8:32 AM, MJWalker45 said:

washington-wizards.jpg

I don't care what nobody says: that was at the time and still is one of my favorite and IMO one of the best uniforms ever, alternate or otherwise.

@'ing me on this ain't gonna change my mind so don't even try it... 🙃

• Like 6

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

16 hours ago, tBBP said:

I don't care what nobody says: that was at the time and still is one of my favorite and IMO one of the best uniforms ever, alternate or otherwise.

@'ing me on this ain't gonna change my mind so don't even try it... 🙃

They’ve grown on me over the years, especially in contrast to the past decade+ of experimental stuff.