Expos to Washington on Thursday

jkrdevil

Yeap, because I also remember that Bud Sleig wanted to disolve the Expos (and the current AL Central back-to-back champs the Minnesota Twins)...

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they need to be named the "Generals".

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Its a shame to see Montreal lose the Expos...but i'm excited to see that baseball is back in an original Baseball town. I wonder though..with Washington coming back into the fold..will baseall have realignment...Washington is an American League town, and to be honest..a Baltimore-Washington Beltway Rivalry would be right up Peter Angelos ally $$$ wise.

No, the owner of the Orioles already hates the idea, and he'd probably hate it more if they are in the same "League"

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

I wonder though..with Washington coming back into the fold..will baseall have realignment...Washington is an American League town, and to be honest..a Baltimore-Washington Beltway Rivalry would be right up Peter Angelos ally $$$ wise.

Mmmmmhhh... I don't believe in any further realignment.

1) Baseball interleagues will win more with a yearly clash between Baltimore and Washington.

Remember that Canada will lose its national interleagues' clash so better create another exciting clash.

2) If realignment is possible, which AL East team will be drop out?

Boston, NY Yanks, Toronto and Baltimore never will be out of the AL East.

Tampa Bay? Nope, although this team is very lousy in influences in the MLB offices.

I don't believe that a realigned NL East will conform with NY Mets, Atlanta, Philadelphia, Florida and Tampa Bay.

A new Washington team will survive in the NL East, don't forget that all the current players are NL men and the next year if moved to Washington, will have NL memory.

pennants.png

Ha ha ha... good that one... now, my play...

As the "M" of Montréal is going down ("going to South" someone can argue), that is one! We already a pretty nice and recycled cap logo!!! And we also can recycle the logo!

Here, the result of the cooking!

nats_new.jpg

pennants.png

Ha ha ha... good that one... now, my play...

As the "M" of Montréal is going down ("going to South" someone can argue), that is one! We already a pretty nice and recycled cap logo!!! And we also can recycle the logo!

Here, the result of the cooking!

nats_new.jpg

This would be a remarkable idea, had my band not already pilfered the 'Spos logo for recycling:

LHE.gif

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I guess this means MLB and Angelos have a deal with regard to a payoff. I'm just curious, does anyone know whether MLB or the Orioles organization had to pay off the original Senators for coming into their territory when they moved from St. Louis in 1954?

logo_ml_EASTHAR.gif

You know the Expos have a minor league team named the Harrisburg Senators (AA). Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Washington Senators, as has been pointed out, is owned by the Texas Rangers and won't be used.

Washington Generals is a good nickname, although it reminds me of the team the Globtrotters always beat. So no go there.

Washington Monuments? Hilarious, but no go.

Washington Presidents? No way, not in an election year.

Let's just pray the team doesn't go NBA and call themselves the Washington Expos.

My feeling is the new name of the team will be the Washington Nationals, just because it is historic and they will be in the National League.

Washington Senators, as has been pointed out, is owned by the Texas Rangers and won't be used.

Something else pointed out on this board several times is the fact that the Rangers owning the Senators name in no way means the team won't be named the Senators. There's nothing to stop the Rangers and the new Expos owners from striking a deal to gain rights to the name.

I guess this means MLB and Angelos have a deal with regard to a payoff. I'm just curious, does anyone know whether MLB or the Orioles organization had to pay off the original Senators for coming into their territory when they moved from St. Louis in 1954?

Haven't forgot about you Yale.

Here's an answer to that question from JJ Mcoy, a staff writer at the Washington Post:

"Washington voted in approval of the (St. Louis) Browns' move to Baltimore... But that was in TV's infancy, and the revenue streams have changed and broadened since then. "

I can now at least say that Ive was there to witness the Montreal Expos final appearance in San Francisco

Ha, I went to every game Montreal ever played in KC. (sure, there were only 3, and two were in a doubleheader, but still)

Just wondering, why don't the Twins also own the rights? <_<

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

Cal Griffith must have given up the rights to the name Senators in fall of 1960 when he moved his team to MSP .

I wonder if the Twins would own the rights to the name Washington Nationals as that was the offical name until the mid 1950s?

Just say NO to gray facemasks.

I can now at least say that Ive was there to witness the Montreal Expos final appearance in San Francisco

Ha, I went to every game Montreal ever played in KC. (sure, there were only 3, and two were in a doubleheader, but still)

Just wondering, why don't the Twins also own the rights? <_<

Because when the Twins moved to Minnesota a deal was struck with the baseball and Washington that the Twins would give up the rights to the name for an expansion team to start the next year. The Twins kept the history however the left the name. No deal was in place about 10 years later when the second Senators left because baseball was not going to go back to a market that failed twice in little over a decade, thus Rangers (who were the second senators) own the rights to the name.

Archived