OFFICIAL: Expos to Washington

JQK

Guys for the 15 millionth time, it's an  eMb    no L.  Look in an Expos media guide if you don't believe me :)

This is why I think it's a failed design. I like it, it's aesthetically pleasing and I respect the team's history, but it's spectacularly unclear.

With the Brewers' glove logo, you might not see the MB right away but it's clear. With the Expos' blob, no two people agree on what it means. That's a problem.

The M is two colours, for some reason this confuses people

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, actually, the M is three colors, since the "e" and "b" form part of the M. Or you could say that the M is one color - white - and we only see part of it behind the e and b.

That's why I don't think it's a very successful design - it's too confusing. And knowing what it's supposed to be usually only muddies the waters.

Well, actually, the M is three colors, since the "e" and "b" form part of the M. Or you could say that the M is one color - white - and we only see part of it behind the e and b.

That's why I don't think it's a very successful design - it's too confusing. And knowing what it's supposed to be usually only muddies the waters.

see now you're confusing me :P

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Well, well... I think I'd better go to patent that downside M... ha ha ha!

Actually, I already did...

wexpos.gif

Me too. Take time to search "my" work along the forum. :D

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

• 4 weeks later...
Well, actually, the M is three colors, since the "e" and "b" form part of the M.  Or you could say that the M is one color - white - and we only see part of it behind the e and b.

That's why I don't think it's a very successful design - it's too confusing.  And knowing what it's supposed to be usually only muddies the waters.

see now you're confusing me :P

I actually never even saw the M until a few years ago, I always thought it said e-l-b.

know i've said it before, but as a kid I always thought it was "jb"... still don't think "M" when I look at it. I agree with comparisons to the glove logo... this is the same kind of visual trick, it just doesn't work... IMO.

Yep, I thought that same thing... as I thought that the old Atlanta Hawks logo was pac-man with a rounded tooth.

VmWIn6B.png

So wait It wasn't supposed to look like Pac-Man? :blink:

AtlantaHawks7295.GIF

The hawk's image is cut into the circle, with that little bump being its eye. I felt so stupid when I finally figured it out.

VmWIn6B.png

AtlantaHawks7295.GIF

The hawk's image is cut into the circle, with that little bump being its eye. I felt so stupid when I finally figured it out.

Now that I'm reminded of how it looks, that was a pretty sweet logo. Why in the blue hell did they ever get rid of it?

Oh, I remember. Because they wanted that stupid hawk to reach across the entire jersey. Dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

So wait It wasn't supposed to look like Pac-Man? :blink:

AtlantaHawks7295.GIF

I always thought it was a racecar driver wearing a helmet

i used to think it was pacman to. You have to look at it a certain way to see the hawk, which is really annoying.

Not to step on anyone's toes, but how dumb to you have to be to not see the hawk? I never saw pacman, never saw anything other than the friggin' hawk. It's pretty obvious. In fact, it's very plain to see.

And to give a hint, the name "Hawks" kinda gives you a clue as to what to look for.......

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

i used to think it was pacman to. You have to look at it a certain way to see the hawk, which is really annoying.

Not to step on anyone's toes, but how dumb to you have to be to not see the hawk? I never saw pacman, never saw anything other than the friggin' hawk. It's pretty obvious. In fact, it's very plain to see.

And to give a hint, the name "Hawks" kinda gives you a clue as to what to look for.......

Hey, hey woah! That's a hawk!? What's this about? I always thought it was a silhouette of Jesus.

Ah, Hawks! See, I thought it was a map of Atlanta

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Archived