vfl park

goalieboy82

Yes, it's a housing development now.

And they're not giving them away either.

Very expensive homes.

And it's not even in a great part of town.

Are any North American stadiums torn down and replaced with anything?

Ebbets Field is now the the site of the Ebbets Field Houses public housing development.

:cry:

Man, that looks a monstrosity.

Is that like subsidised or cheap housing?

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Forbes Field in Pittsburgh was torn down, I think that the University of Pittsburgh put up some buildings or dorms on the old site. There is a plaque where home plate used to be.

Braves Field in Boston was torn down, and Boston University built Nickerson Field (home of WUSA Soccer and MLL's Boston Cannons) in its place. Along the wall around the field, right next to two giant dorm buildings, you can see some remnants of Braves Field.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Yes, it's a housing development now.

And they're not giving them away either.

Very expensive homes.

And it's not even in a great part of town.

Are any North American stadiums torn down and replaced with anything?

Ebbets Field is now the the site of the Ebbets Field Houses public housing development.

:cry:

Man, that looks a monstrosity.

Is that like subsidised or cheap housing?

Yup...same exact thing happened to the Polo Grounds in Harlem.

Forbes Field in Pittsburgh was torn down, I think that the University of Pittsburgh put up some buildings or dorms on the old site. There is a plaque where home plate used to be.

It's an academic building with lecture halls, classrooms, faculty offices and a commons area. My sister-in-law is a Poli Sci professor there and her office is located in that building. There is no plaque where home plate used to be, however, because home plate is still there! It is permanently installed into the floor of the building, encased in glass (or lucite) - and yes, there is a plaque as well. I got to see it for myself this past spring. Pretty cool.

Sick's Stadium in Seattle, home of the Seattle Pilots (Milwaukee Brewers), is now a home improvement superstore.

There's a memorial of sorts outside the store to tell or remind people what used to be there:

sicks.jpg

Archived