MLB Player Movement

jrodsep

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know this is for done deals, but I thought I'd post this here anyway...

IF and only IF the Red Sox sign Renteria, I had this thought about the Cardinals.

How bout they sign Barry Larkin to a 1 or 2 year deal, for the reason of getting Luna to play everyday. Put Larkin at Second. I don't think its a terrible idea. Also go for Polanco as a back up for the both of them, or a starter at either position. 3 quality middle infielders for cheap.

Put all the money you save into Hudson (if they get him through trade) or Pedro and signing Mathney.

Man, if they can get one of those pitchers....

Hudson or Pedro

Carpenter

Marquis

Ankiel

Suppan

(Harren if they don't have to give him up to get Hudson)

Not bad at all.

This Renteria deal could kill us either way. Either we pump alot of money into a huge talent, or they can't get him and everyone's gone by the time they know they have money.

If none of this happens, it could be a long year...

i hope the jays can pull of a couple of big signings during the meetings. i'd like to see them sign clement and koskie, and hopefully get someone to help the bullpen next year.

Don't get your hopes up, last I heard Koskie and Clement were not considering Toronto... not because of money, but because of Toronto being in the AL East... yippee!

Oh and in "ah crap" news, the Jays and Billy Koch are close to reaching an agreement :mad:

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Oh...I also realized Miguel Cairo is availible. So, there's another middle infielder that could be cheap.

Cardinals boards are talking about Cabrera (sp?) from Boston to replace Renteria. Not a bad idea either...

I think it'd be fun to be a GM!

i hope the jays can pull of a couple of big signings during the meetings. i'd like to see them sign clement and koskie, and hopefully get someone to help the bullpen next year.

Don't get your hopes up, last I heard Koskie and Clement were not considering Toronto... not because of money, but because of Toronto being in the AL East... yippee!

Oh and in "ah crap" news, the Jays and Billy Koch are close to reaching an agreement :mad:

ya i heard that about clement and koskie on sportsnet last night but koch...no i don't think so i really don't want him back, and i also heard the jays were working on signing steve kline.

8prlQWA.png

I heard that the Jays are in talks with the ChiSox who are trying to dump salary. apossible deal would be Batista, Hinske, and Gross for Konerko or Lee.

ahh thatd be sweet for us!

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

"Crying? There's no crying in baseball!"

Okay, who saw that Tom Hanks impression coming?

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

I heard that the Jays are in talks with the ChiSox who are trying to dump salary.  apossible deal would be Batista, Hinske, and Gross for Ordonez or Lee.

ahh thatd be sweet for us!

ordonez? i heard it was konerko so he could take over from delgado at 1st

8prlQWA.png

well the jays boosted the bullpen by trading kevin cash for chad gaudin from tampa, surprising move by trading cash but they also have quiroz for a catching prospect.

Wow... John MacDonald and Chad Gaudin, we're a shoo-in.

Cash just can't cut it at the major league level, he's only really decent defensively (has never hit above .200 in the bigs), but when you got Qurioz who is Cash + offence, you have to go with it.

---

Chris Creamer

now lets hope ricciardi can work on getting koskie inked up and trading for either konerko or lee.

Hinske and Batista for Lee or Konerko?... I dunno... we'd be without a closer... maybe if we can sign the KKK trio of Koskie, Koch and Kline the deal might make more sense.

Now if we get Clement too, things get a little more interesting.

---

Chris Creamer

Archived