MLB Player Movement

jrodsep

Reds sign Relief Pitcher David Weathers from the Marlins, and another Angel this one being Ben Weber. Its about time the Reds got some decent Pitching. They signed Paul Wilson back too, but that was awhile back.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em" department: Edgar Rentaria signed by the Red Sox after playing for the Cardinals last year in the Series against them. In response, yalehollander calls Edgar by his new nickname: "Benedict Arnold".

*EDIT: I hope you're happy, joel, 'cause you've been ignored.*

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

From the "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em" department: Edgar Rentaria singed by the Red Sox ....

is he ok...did they use a curling iron or a hot frying pan?

i hate being singed. lingering mild pain for days.

i hope he's ready for spring training.

From the "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em" department:  Edgar Rentaria singed by the Red Sox ....

is he ok...did they use a curling iron or a hot frying pan?

i hate being singed. lingering mild pain for days.

i hope he's ready for spring training.

plus if it was his hair that was singed, it smells bad. Or burnt skin cant smell good i imagine.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Rumour has Alou coming to the Jays... as if we didn't have enough outfielders!

I'd like to know where you get all these rumors from...I know the hockey rumor site (www.thefourhperiod.com) but not a baseball one. If you could tell me your sources, that would be great.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Not to mention the Jays could use a second starting pitcher, to take some of the load of Doc... I know they want to develop young pitchers, but if they're fielding a winning-focused side, why field a development-focused pitching rotation?

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

yeah I was gonna ask you...I couldn't even find a rumor anywhere but the Cardinals message boards. And they are all saying Cabera...which is ok as long as they don't end up paying him what they offered Renteria.

Man, I'm not a happy cardinals fan lately...go illini! :)

Rumor: Adrian Beltre is heading for Seattle according to reports.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

I'm really surprised that Seattle's shooting high instead of re-building from the ground up. Same goes for Arizona.

They're really taking a gamble with Sexson, and are the frontrunners ahead of Baltimore & the Mets for Carlos Delgado. Now Adrian Beltre? The thing is... One of Carlos' last quotes as a Blue Jay was that he wanted to be on a team that has a good chance at being a winner. And he's on the verge of signing with a team that did WORSE than the Jays did. All I think that Seattle has convinced the public is that they have alot of money, instead of the perception that they're a better team.

And all I think Arizona's doing it trying to convince Randy that they're gonna win a couple more games this year. But the Sexson trade sent this team years back. Kinda like how that Sirotka deal affected the Blue Jays a few years ago. Ortiz and Glaus look like physical band-aids for this team, but the wound may be too big.

I think Matt Clement is deciding on what deal to sign today. I'm crossing my fingers that he'll come up north and sign with Toronto. I'm still convinced that a healthy Jays team next year will do much better than last year, even without Delgado. Getting Koskie was huge, and getting Clement would make the Jays rotation really good. Halladay, Lilly, Clement, Bush & Towers, with Chachin and McGowan almost ready for the majors. That's alot of talent.

Pedro, Pedro, Pedro Martinez! Good luck to the Mets, cause they know how those kinda deals can backfire, just ask them about Mo Vaughn. But initially I thought for sure that he would re-sign with Boston, and I give kudos to Minaya for snatching him away. I just hope it was worth it for them. Now they're focusing on signing Carlos Delgado. It may be too late, but heck, they've got a good chance, and I hope they get him.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

I'm really surprised that Settle's shooting high instead of re-building from the ground up. Same goes for Arizona.

They're really taking a gamble with Sexson, and are the frontrunners ahead of Baltimore & the Mets for Carlos Delgado. Now Adrian Beltre? The thing is... One of Carlos' last quotes as a Blue Jay was that he wanted to be on a team that has a good chance at being a winner. And he's on the verge of signing with a team that did WORSE than the Jays did. All I think that Seattle has convinced the public is that they have alot of money, instead of the perception that they're a better team.

Just to be clear, its either one or the other, not both, when it comes to Beltre and Delgado. I don't think any team would be that desperate or spendy.

Archived