MLB Player Movement

jrodsep

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1931862

Theres the link for the Kendall trade. It's sad to see that Pirates fans (Theres a few in my family) have to deal with all these payroll constraints. Salary cap wouldn't even help this team...maybe ownership change, but hasn't that already been tried/happened?

Don't the Pirates have a very good catching prospect in the minors? I heard somewhere the reason for this is because the Bucs are building to be competitive in 3 or 4 years and by that time Kendall would be old.

But yeah this sucks for the Pirates fans. This team has been bad for 10 years now. But don't worry this trade might seem bad now but in the future the trade would have worked out in the Pirates favor. See: Florida Marlins trades before 2003

1997 | 2003

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1931862

Theres the link for the Kendall trade. It's sad to see that Pirates fans (Theres a few in my family) have to deal with all these payroll constraints. Salary cap wouldn't even help this team...maybe ownership change, but hasn't that already been tried/happened?

Don't the Pirates have a very good catching prospect in the minors? I heard somewhere the reason for this is because the Bucs are building to be competitive in 3 or 4 years and by that time Kendall would be old.

But yeah this sucks for the Pirates fans. This team has been bad for 10 years now. But don't worry this trade might seem bad now but in the future the trade would have worked out in the Pirates favor. See: Florida Marlins trades before 2003

That Pirates prospect catcher is J.R. House. While he's promising, he's also had an injury plagued career thus far.

• 2 weeks later...

And there are others that were on the temp board or not, such as...

Alfonzo (Six-Finger) Alfonseca back to the Marlins with newcomer to the fish Todd Jones, Jaret Wright to the Yankees, Jon Lieber to the Phils, Matt Mantei to the Old Town Team (the Boston Red Sox for the rest of us), Nomar Hamm re-signing with Da Cubs, and today, after berating Fenway Park last year, David Wells signs a two-year, $16M deal with the BoSox.

Kettle, pot, Mr. Black. You know each other by now.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Troy Glaus to Arizona (some much for rebuilding)

Al Leiter to Florida

ESPN radio reports Carl Pavano to New York Yankees 4/42.

Matt Lawton to PIT for Arthur Rhodes

Woody Williams to SD.

Richard Hidalgo to TEX.

Jeff Kent to LA.

Peter Gammons reports: BOS close to signing Renteria for 4/40.

ESPNEWS reports: Jaret Wright flunked his physical might have his contract voided or renegotiated.

Trade Rumor:

Sosa going to the Royals, Mike Sweeney to the Mets, and Cliff Floyd and Scott Sullivan to the Cubs. . The Royals and Mets would both receive cash from Chicago.

1997 | 2003

Jason Stark reports Marlins are showing interest in signing either Odalis Perez or Kevin Millwood.

The Marlins rotation would then be, (in no particular order)

RHP AJ Burnett

RHP Josh Beckett

LHP Dontrelle Willis

LHP Al Leiter

LHP Odalis Perez or RHP Kevin Millwood

Scary....all we need is the offense not to be the crap it was last year. Bullpen is looking pretty good also.

1997 | 2003

Archived