Great College Football Rivalries

JamesCraven

Worst.season.ever. At least there's basketball

Basketball. You guys will always have that over us. Hell, we're the third best basketball team in our area code. Not good considering we are the biggest school of those three.

For me it's UF-FSU and Kentucky-Louisville. UK-UL is quickly becoming a bg rivalry watched nationwide and to think the schools origionally didn't think it would work out and they thought no one would watch (it's usually the home team's largest crowd all season).

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

of course it's the Ohio State-Michigan rivalry

AGREED.

If I had to rank them....

1. UM-OSU

2. Alabama - AUburn

2. Army-Navy (This is a SPECIAL rivalry, not exactly great though).

3. Texas-Oklahoma (UT needs to win more to make this more special)

4. Cal -Stanford

5. Miami - FSU (Again, one team needs to win more here to make this a better rivary).

6. Pittsburgh - West Virginia

7. Michigan - Michigan State (My personal favorite)

College Football Rivalries @1122productions.com

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

of course it's the Ohio State-Michigan rivalry

AGREED.

If I had to rank them....

1. UM-OSU

2. Alabama - AUburn

2. Army-Navy (This is a SPECIAL rivalry, not exactly great though).

3. Texas-Oklahoma (UT needs to win more to make this more special)

4. Cal -Stanford

5. Miami - FSU (Again, one team needs to win more here to make this a better rivary).

6. Pittsburgh - West Virginia

7. Michigan - Michigan State (My personal favorite)

College Football Rivalries @1122productions.com

MIA-FSU doesn't quite have the history of UF-FSU, but it will become a bitter rivalry and most likely a game to determine the ACC every year.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

My top five:

1. Army-Navy. This rivalry has survived lousy teams and still remains one of the most heated and one of the most beloved rivalries in all of college football.

2. Alabama-Auburn. Those folks really, really HATE each other.

3. Texas-Texas A&M. There's a smugness on each side where they really believe they're better than the other guys.

4. Michigan-Ohio State. Can easily be argued this is the best rivalry. It certainly is the best-played among the rivalries. Winner almost always goes to the Rose Bowl, or more.

5. Cal-Stanford. This has always been intense, but has been even more so ever since the Stanford band came onto the field early and the trombone player got run over.

Now, my favorite name for a rivalry: The Egg Bowl, just because it sounds so doggone silly.

Everyone is forgetting the most contested rivalry in college football.

On Saturday, Lehigh and Lafayette will meet for the 140th time!

There will be 14,000 people packed into Fisher Field in Easton PA.

Lafayette leads the series 72-62-5.

(These days they play each other only once a year, but in earlier times they played twice or even three times a season.)

CK3ZP8E.jpg

Everyone is forgetting the most contested rivalry in college football.

On Saturday, Lehigh and Lafayette will meet for the 140th time!

There will be 14,000 people packed into Fisher Field in Easton PA.

Lafayette leads the series 72-62-5.

(These days they play each other only once a year, but in earlier times they played twice or even three times a season.)

I hadn't forgot about that. My ex-gf goes to Lehigh and she calls me before the game to tell me how much fun she is having.

I hadn't forgot about that. My ex-gf goes to Lehigh and she calls me before the game to tell me how much fun she is having.

Why do you even answer the phone then? :P

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

Why do you even answer the phone then? :P

It didn't end bad. I meant to infer that the game was so much fun, not that she was having fun without me. :grin:

Wisconsin-Minnesota...the oldest continuous 1-A rivalry...too bad the game was 2 weeks ago (UW in a beatdown of the Gerbils)...however, UW does play a trophy game this weekend (vs Iowa: first time UW and the Hawkeyes have played for a trophy). The Axe has been ganked, so let's get this new hardware too. I only hope it's not as ugly as the hockey World Cup.

Air Force vs Army vs Navy...the latter two's annual season-ending battle gets the glory, but the Commander-in-Chief trophy is also usually in Air Force's possession by that time (probably not this year, Navy's in line to take it). Anyone see the Navy-AFA game in October? One of the most hotly contested games there's been all year, and heaven for option lovers ^_^

Hawaii vs. cooler heads...a recent rivalry that's surfaced in teh last few years...first, the Warriors deciding it was a good idea to start a fight with Cincinnati players during their game in Honolulu...then, last season's exciting Hawaii Bowl against Houston ended, players were shaking hands...suddenly there was a full blown brawl that lasted about 5 minutes. (sorry CoW, had to throw that one in cus of personal observation)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

• 2 weeks later...

***REVIVAL {Cuz Reggie Ball is a dummy}***

If you saw the GA-GA Tech Game, it was a great game marred by a stupid mistake... Reggie Ball forgets it was 4th down and THROWS THE BALL AWAY!!! Bah gawd, I don't think Ball's gonna live down what he did... And if he does, then the GA Tech fans, students, booster clubs, mascots, etc. won't. :lol:

Archived