NFL Numbers & Letters

Nick 1733

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You might want to adjust the Cardinal Red for Arizona along with the artwork for the bird-head logo:

...and, always keep in mind that the Red in the Arizona Flag artwork is NOT the same shade of Red that's present everywhere else.

You might want to adjust the Cardinal Red for Arizona along with the artwork for the bird-head logo:

ArizonaCardinals_HS.jpg

...and, always keep in mind that the Red in the Arizona Flag artwork is NOT the same shade of Red that's present everywhere else.

The red in the flag IS different than the other, you can tell in the .ai files.

BTW, I've finished fixing the Packers and Steelers. They'll be up momentarily.

That Cardinals logo just doesn't look right, I changed it, I'm probably wrong because I know that's the logo that came with the NFL Media files, but still.

I have some bad news for those of you with an Illustrator lower than CS.

I noticed that when I change them to .eps, they are WAY TOO large. Hopefully someone with CS can change them down to 8 so everyone can use them. ie. Puckguy or GMS.

Sorry for this inconvienance.

They will have to be downloaded by division, each is around 2MB.

Great job, though I have to point out a possible error with the Giants numbers:

The middle horizontal line in the #5 should be flat on the left, like this:

img6627834.jpg

Yours is slanted, like a reversed #2.

Minor nitpick aside, great job, Nick!

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Nick-

Awesome job!

On the file issues, those shouldn't be large unless you have somekind of bitmap image in them. Is this the case? If its strictly vectors the file sizes should be tiny, esspecially without gradients, effects, etc.

I'm assuming your exporting as EPS Legacy in CS? Those should be the same size about, unless like I said you have bitmaps in there. In that case, they get VERY large. Not saying this is the case, but are you leaving your "research" files in a hidden layer or anything like that? That could be the problem because it tries to include those files as well.

Let me know, maybe I can help. Half my job at work is converting files from CS or Freehand into older illustrator files so they can be printed at various printers.

if you could send the link (pcummings@carthage.edu) of one of the CS files, I can check out that at work and see if I can decrease the size for you.

Pat

I drew them all in Illustrator CS, but I also created legacy files in 8. The original zip file for all the pages was only 5.1 MB. Once the corrections are made, we'll work on making new zip files, both as gifs and .ai, and I think we're going to redo them by conferences instead of one big file.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I drew them all in Illustrator CS, but I also created legacy files in 8. The original zip file for all the pages was only 5.1 MB.  Once the corrections are made, we'll work on making new zip files, both as gifs and .ai, and I think we're going to redo them by conferences instead of one big file.

I've already got the links up, they are sorted by division and are about 1.5MB each.

There aren't any bitmap images imbedded or anything like that. I don't get what the problem is.

Also, on the Giants, THIS YEAR the 5's are how I made them.

crap, I have made a HUGE mistake, the Chargers are the only team with the 'elbow' of the 5 slanted, the rest have a right angle, the ones with the Varsity Block font.

Everyone should be able to fix those problems, just using the straight line to line them up on the corner.

Here are the teams: Lions, Chiefs, Panthers, Saints, Jets, Raiders, Bills, Giants, Redskins, Buccaneers, Vikings.

Archived