Philadelphia 76ers Concept Logo

Phil

Philadelphia%2076ers%20Primary%20Logo.gif

Philadelphia 76ers Concept Logo

I dislike their current stuff. So while I was bored in class, I decided to bring back a little of the "ring of stars" look and mix it with the wave and add some patriotic colouring for the team named after the nation's birthyear.

Comments? Constructive Criticism? Questions? Suggestions? I loves them all.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

oddly, to me (and i'm crazy), it looks like what would happen if you took the 80's washington capitals logo idea, turned it into a sixers logo, and then shaped it like the late 90's washington capitals logo :)

but somehow it works. i love it.

-edit-

since you asked for suggestions as well, i think that this would look even better if you threw in a few subtle outlines. i know you're all into simplistic, but i think outlining the 76ers text in white, then red, it would look stronger.

Great start. Couple suggestions:

To be consistant with the "old", the stars should number 13.

Also, I think you can get away with a gold outline or shadow to the "76ers."

The stars look odd in grey / silver. Maybe if they were gold or blue with gold shadow or some kind of effect it would work.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Reducing the number of stars to 13 is cool... I was unclear on how many I should put in. It's already been updated.

However as for adding colours... sorry, but it's not going to happen. In many ways, too many colours have killed the current logo in my eyes. To quote Gregg Easterbrook, "...red, white and American flag blue -- not to put too fine a point on it, but the single-most successful color scheme in world history..." (Silver, although technically closer to gray, under many forms of lights looks white, and is the closest thing to metallic white.)

And I am somewhat resistant to adding significant elements, like a basketball, or even more stripes. I don't want anything to draw attention away from the main elements... the stars, stripes, and words. I did add an extra stripe underscoring the 76... but that's as far as I felt I could go without significantly altering the logos feel.

Give me your tired, your poor, your comments, and your suggestions.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Any chance of a uni concept to go along with this logo?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Syphi, you da man! This is totally awesome. It's simple and it looks a hell of a lot better. Finally, getting back to the core of what the 76ers are all about!

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Dude, wow. That's very eerily similar to a concept I drew up when I got bored in Pre-Cal a few weeks ago. But it's a lot better.

Please. Absolutely no black or gold or anything else. Red, white, blue, and your silver is perfect.

Sy, you should really come up with a full set for this. I love it.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Archived