FedEx logo

schlim

Also, and this is not from my knowledge base but 'Finding Forrester', I like that BMWs logo is the spinning prop of a airplane........cause thats how they started.

spinning prop? i guess you could see it but from what i can see,

bmw-logo.jpg

actually looks a bit more like it was taken from the Bavarian Flag

de-by7a.gif

since the name of the company is Bayerische Motoren Werke (Bavarian Motor Works)

The colors are taken from the colors of Bavaria. The four quarters alternately blue and white are supposed to represent spinning propellor blades.

STOP! YOU'RE BOTH RIGHT!! :D

Baverian Motor Works....ahhhhh how cute.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In college I took a geology class, and when we studied slides of various features, our professor taught us to "look for the arrow on the FedEx truck"... as in looking closely at everything presented to you and synthesizing the details you find it in a broader context.

Usually at every session, somewhere in his slide bank there would be a picture of a geological structure with a FedEx truck just happening to be in the frame.

the major Graphic Design firm here in Fargo has a cool one:

r1c2.gif

They did the UNI and MSU-Mankato logos, probably others too, and they are the official licenced outfitters of many universities (Michigan, Maryland, Kentucky, Marquette, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Iowa, North Dakota, Minnesota, North Carolina, etc.) and hundreds of High Schools. plug, plug.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

• 6 months later...

I was reading over at hocketsfuture boards and couldn't beleive how many hockey fans had never seen the cougar in the Minnesota logo.

Also, alot of them had never seen the Long ISland landscape being used as the underline to the NY. I was shocked!

2599nj.gif

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

I just ran across another innovative logo that is more that what you first see. Infoworld's logo is just 3 simple shapes but not only does it contain an "i" but all three shapes are a person reading a paper. The negative space is the paper as well a the bottom of the "i". Wow, how do people think of these things?

logo_iw_main2.gif

LT

Wow, that's a cool one, took me a while, but I see it now.

• 3 weeks later...

I worked in a warehouse and shipped via FedEx for eight years. Then I drove a tractor-trailer and pulled air freight for FedEx for four years. Then I was a FedEx Contractor and drove a route for 12-18 hours a day for two years. In the middle of that stint someone finally pointed out the arrow to me and I felt extremely unobservant. :therock:

• 1 month later...
logo-large-bigten.gif

Best text-only logo ever. Period. Absolutely brilliant.

is there in 11 in there or is it suppose to be just 1 of the 1s

edit: your sig w/ kirilenko looks like the blue line w/ his name coming out looks like a wierd arm

between the G and the T is a number 1, then between the T and the E is the other number 1.

there's your eleven.

the logo is still ugly and forced.

• 1 month later...
logo-large-bigten.gif

Best text-only logo ever. Period. Absolutely brilliant.

is there in 11 in there or is it suppose to be just 1 of the 1s

edit: your sig w/ kirilenko looks like the blue line w/ his name coming out looks like a wierd arm

The "11" was designed into the 'Big Ten' logo after Penn State joined the conference, creating eleven teams instead of ten. I've always thought the design was a nice way of handling this contradiction.

The old Northwest Airlines logo is a good one.  It's an N and a W.  I say old, but it is still used a bit.  They changed to just the triangle in the circle now for whatever reason.

Web page with logo

holy crap. i never noticed the W till now. i had thought it was a cool logo despite because it used the compass point towards the NW...but wow, hidden W

where's the "W"????

I cant see it

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

The old Northwest Airlines logo is a good one.  It's an N and a W.  I say old, but it is still used a bit.  They changed to just the triangle in the circle now for whatever reason.

Web page with logo

holy crap. i never noticed the W till now. i had thought it was a cool logo despite because it used the compass point towards the NW...but wow, hidden W

where's the "W"????

I cant see it

Nevermind, I see it........That's Crazy

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Web page with logo

Actually I think the circle with the arrow for Northwest Airlines is pretty good. It.s a compass needle pointing to the "northwest". Nice and clean look.

Great logo, very clever that the triangle points northwest...except when some genius at the airline decides to reverse the logo on the right side of their airplanes. What the hey were they thinking?

Points northwest:

1062463.jpg

Doesn't point northwest:

1058860.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Oh yeah, about the original thread subject. Very interesting article but I found it amusing that the guy implied FedEx was distressed about people thinking their colors were red and blue. Everything about the original Federal Express identity, from the name to the colors, sure looked like they wanted people to associate it with the Postal Service and/or the government.

[quote name=umlegend80' date='Monday, May 23rd, 2005 - 14:45:54

Doesn't point northwest:

1058860.jpg

Yes it does.

Exactly. The arrows are pointing the same way. If one is northwest, so is the other.

In reality, the logo is rarely, if ever, pointing northwest. We just associate "upper left" with "northwest." Not to mention the triangle appears to be equilateral, so the direction it's "pointing" is completely ambiguous.

It's still a brilliant logo.

You're right that the "pointer" is a triangle so it technically points three different directions, but sorry, on a compass rose the right-side logo does NOT point northwest.

Not very brilliant to me.

Now THIS is brilliant:

32A.jpg

Archived