Winnipeg Jets Logo Concept

gojetsgo

OK, it has been ages since I came up with a concept, but I decided to revisit my favourite logo to play with. Featured in the logo is the ill-fated but technologically marvelous Avro Arrow - a Canadian built aircraft.

C&C PLEASE! This logo will become my floor hockey team's logo, so I'd like to improve it if possible.

jets4.jpg

Comments & Criticism, please!!!!!

The Jets should have had that logo a long time ago. BTW, what's all the rumo(u)rs about a move to, uh, Phoenix anyway?

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

The Jets should have had that logo a long time ago. BTW, what's all the rumo(u)rs about a move to, uh, Phoenix anyway?

You know he's sunk to unheard-of lows when he steals my weakest material.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I like the idea behind it, but both elements need to be integrated better. Right now, the plane is kind of slapped on top of the lettering, but then it has an unrealistic perspective with the top of the tail coming out behind the E.

It's also a little weird with the plane coming straight at you, but the text is slanted...two different paths of motion, I guess. If the plane were smaller, and just a silhouette, the competing prespectives wouldn't be noeticeable, but since the plane is overwhelming, their more obvious.

The plane blends into the bottom red area of the logo. It needs to stand out more, so it's shape is more recognizable. Either add some extra white outlines around the red, or make the whole circle blue.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

My only suggestion would to be to outline the red edge of the plane with white or blue (or both perhaps) where it is against the red background.

The top half of the plane separates nicely from the white letters and the blue background, but I feel it gets a little lost against the red. Kind of like it's coming out of a fog.

Otherwise it's nice.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Nothing beats this lame idea:

jets.jpg

:lol: That's f'n a. For real.

But anyways, GoJetsGo, thats a pretty nice logo. I'd straighten the word Jets out a little, but that's just me. Good job

Thanks for the comments guys. I'm retooling it a tiny bit, but there isnt a whole lot I want to change. I purposely had the bottom of the circle be red, so that the plane was a little obscured and a little more abstract - not just an obvious plane like the Houston Aeros logo. I'll change the bottom of the plane a bit though.

As far as the tilt in the word Jets...hmmm. Thats a tough one because the tilt is so emblematic of the original Jets logos. I might add a maple leaf where the small red jet used to be... kind of like a reason for the tilt. I'll throw something down soon.

By the way, for reference, here's the very first Jets logo I posted:

jetslogo5.jpg

I think my new one is alot cleaner

OK, I fiddled around. Most of the changes I just didnt like though. I am keeping the red at the bottom. I like how the plane is obscured. I made the plane's fin come over the "E" to get away from the confusing perspective. Now you can't read JETS as well, but I think it's a good trade-off.

I also haphazardly threw in a maple leaf. What do you guys think. Lose the leaf?

jets8.jpg

I like the leaf.

What I would try is to rotate it so it is straight up and down and then have half or it (or less) tucked in behind the "J". That could be cool. Otherwise, what you currently have is fine too.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Archived