Absolutely horrible

Chazberg

Well the whiny little bitch got his wish, and the whole Redskins team is now wearing solid burgundy socks with the burgundy pants, which is just about the worst thing I've ever seen. What happened to the days when a player would go up to a coach and suggest a bad uniform change, and the coach would say "Hey f*** you, how 'bout no, we don't change our uniforms"? Way to go Portis. They look like a bunch of black guys running around naked from the waste down.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed. Blame this on the Titans who started this in 1999 with the navy pants and navy socks.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

The NFL requires that there is a color break in the sock.

I just flipped past the game and looked at their socks. Honestly, I find nothing wrong with them. I really like the look that they have. Sometimes, tradition takes a back door to style.

Mahalo.

dodgers-1.png

i like the look. it has good balance.

How can you say that??!! That's exactly what they had BEFORE when the socks matched the jersey and the pants matched the helmet-it was perfect!! NOW it is unbalanced!!

:wacko:

QUOTE (eqtmgr @ Sunday, December 12th, 2004 - 21:05:12)

The NFL requires that there is a color break in the sock.

New Orleans

Jacksonville

Baltimore

San Diego

Arizona

Tennessee

Cincinnati

I don't really know what your point is with the teams listed; I think the "break" just means that the bottom has to be white (with the exception of Detroit on turkey day which s a throwback).

The thing I don't understande is that people just seem bent on dumbing things down to the bare minimum. I mean, why would you want a solid red sock when you can have a striped one that perfectly compliments your jersey? It looks so much more classy and professional. I mean, can you imagine if the Bears went to solid navy blue socks with their blue pants? It's just amatuer looking. :mad:

What happened to the days when a player would go up to a coach and suggest a bad uniform change, and the coach would say "Hey f*** you, how 'bout no, we don't change our uniforms?"

LOL at that comment! :D

I agree with Chazberg does look unbalanced now. Having the top of your socks the same color as the pants looks awful. :puke:

Proud supporter of the Carolina's pro teams!

Carolina Panthers

Carolina Hurricanes

Charlotte Bobcats

I don't really know what your point is with the teams listed; I think the "break" just means that the bottom has to be white (with the exception of Detroit on turkey day which s a throwback).

Ah OK....not sure if that's what they meant or not. I'm thinking of the solid tops of the socks....

Magus - it's in response to Dallas wearing white at home. Washington did it to force Dallas into wearing the blue ones for once, and it just stuck. For a while in the 80's and 90's, the Eagles did the same thing, forcing Dallas to wear blue...

And Mag, IMHO, if I was the Eagles, white against the 'Skins and 'Boys, green (or black) against everyone else...with the white pants of course.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

i still don't see what the big deal is... it's just a sock. if portis had asked to change the helmets to white, or to change the jersey striping to match that of his high school team, i'd see a problem... but it's just socks.

i consider myself overly obsessed with sports uniforms... but i probably wouldn't have noticed anything odd in those photos, if it weren't for this forum.

what's next? making sure everyone wears the same color nose-strips?

You know who really started this? Deion Sanders when he modified the Reds unis that one year with the short sleves. This look for the Skins is terrible. I think the NFL should just get it over with and choose either white or dark for the whole season. If it weren't for the Cowboys and Redskins, they wouldn't even have to purchase a dark jersey.

KISSwall09.jpg

I think the solid socks look really bush league.

Also, I didn't want to start a new thread for this, so I'll mention it here. Did anyone notice how the stripes on Patrick Ramsay's sleeve are screened on (since he doesn't have elastic on his) and most everyone else's stripes are part of the elastic cuff (and much, much thinner?)

(I know this pic. was from last year, but you get the point.)

nfl7d7_lower.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

the bigger question is whats with the deadskins obsessive compultion with wearing white jersey/ burgandy pants?

Blame Joe Gibbs, he started it in '81 when he took over. He was under Coryell with the Chargers, who had made them wear white at home. Apparently Gibbs likes the team to look boring and generic, and you will only see the dark jerseys once this year...apparently Gibbs hates the throwback uni too.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

my comment about balance, was not entirely what i was going for. the word flow also fits here. i dont like it when you have alternating colors on a football uniform, i.e. burgundy/white/burgundy/white. i rather like to see it flow from one color to the next without too many breaks in the color. an exception for me is ohio state in grey, scarlet, grey, white. i like that one because its not alternating in a two-color pattern. i do also like the bucks in the grey/white/grey/white getup, though, so there are a few times when i like alternating color, but for the most part i like it when the socks are the same color as the pants on the away set, and they are the opposite color of the pants on the home set. its all personal preference guys, lets not attack anyones opinion. :P

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived