Any Good Nicknames For...

JamesCraven

Chris Berman calls the NFC Central, er, NFC North (I'm still not calling that division the North) The NFC Norris Division, so what should we call the NFC West Division? I'm going for the NFC Adams Division as a good name for it because nobody wants to win it or have entry into the playoffs with a sub-.500 mark.

Post away!

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

How about the NFC Amputees, in honor of the fact that when the Jets beat St. Louis in week 17, Gang Green will have beaten every team in that division this season?

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

"Berman doesnt say NFC Norris, its NFC NORSE."

He pronounces it "Norse", but it's spelled "Norris" in the closed captioning.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

How about the NFC Amputees, in honor of the fact that when the Jets beat St. Louis in week 17, Gang Green will have beaten every team in that division this season?

How about you try just a little bit harder to make a suggestion that's explaination is so long that no one understands/cares.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

A sentence is too long? I don't think it's that hard to understand, really. The Jets' nickname is Gang Green, and that's about it.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

Cyclopsis Joe  Posted on Sunday, December 19th, 2004 - 23:26:45

Never heard that one..it just seemed like a lenghty explaination.

Hey, I could just be an ignorant NY an... the radio stations here call them Gang Green(and call the Giants, Big Blue), but that doesn't mean anywhere else calls them that... my bad.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

"Berman doesnt say NFC Norris, its NFC NORSE."

He pronounces it "Norse", but it's spelled "Norris" in the closed captioning.

that doesnt meen its right, why Norris anyways?

Norris was one of the NHL divisions before they decided to rename them geograpically in 1993. The Norris division not only had similar teams to those in the NFL North (Minnesota NorthStars, Chicago Black Hawks and Detroit Red Wings along with Toronto and St. Louis) but was usually the worst division in the league. When it was actually an active division, Berman and other ESPN-ers referred to it as "the always humorous Norris Division" because there were times when the Division winner had close to a .500 record (and maybe even a sub-.500 record, I don't remember).

Before the NHL changed to geographic conference and division names, the conferences and divisions were named after people. There was the (Clarence) Campbell Conference and the (Prince of) Wales Conference. The divisions were the (Lester) Patrick, (Jack) Adams, (James) Norris and (Conn) Smythe. The Wales Conference would be what today is the Eastern Conference and contained the Adams and Patrick Divisions. The Campbell Conference would be today's Western Conference and contained the Norris and Smythe Divisions.

Archived