NFL jersey manufacturers

Slater

I think the current contractor is Reebok, but over the years there's been Russell Atletic, Nike, Puma, etc. Has any one manufacturer gained the reputaion of producing a higher quality product than the others, or are they all pretty much identical?

I think Reebok has done it when it comes to replicas... I got an EQT for Xmas, and it is a fine article of clothing

Sorry but I have to strongly disagree. When it comes to replicas, Reebok's EQT may be nice, but you have to dish out $100 if you want one. Their regular replicas are just horrible, and they get many teams totally wrong in terms of font and details-off the top of my head the Bears, Chargers, and Bucs fonts are all wrong. Nike made the best replicas by far; they always had all the exact fonts, and they had the 10' front numbers and 12' back numbers, whereas the current Reebok pieces of crap use small numbers on the front and back, which looks retarded. The thing I loved most about Nike is they nailed the Bears replicas, since they were the only company to use all three different variations on the font. The front, back, and sleeve numbers are all different, and no one else has ever gotten that right. I await the day of Reebok's demise with great anticipation.

I will never buy another replica as long as I live. I've yet to see one that actually looks decent. As far as authentics, the Wilson that I have seems to be of the best quality. Of course, the NFL will never go by which jerseys are actually the best, they'll just keep switching manufacturers to drum up revenue.

AstrosTransitionsSig.gif

But does'nt Wilson and NIKE still actually MANUFACTURE the jerseys and Reebok's logos are applied to them??I had heard-either here or on FanHome a long time back-that the actual producing of the jerseys is not done by Reebok but rather contracted out to other factories.I believe the team being discussed was the Titans,

whose jerseys were/are made in Wilson's plant in Tennessee.I'm hoping those more in the know will give up whatever details they know on this.Also if you look at the teams that were NIKE from 1996-2000,the Reebok authentics and on-field

jerseys are still the exact same "cut" as what the NIKE's were.

98Falcons.png

But does'nt Wilson and NIKE still actually MANUFACTURE the jerseys and Reebok's logos are applied to them??I had heard-either here or on FanHome a long time back-that the actual producing of the jerseys is not done by Reebok but rather contracted out to other factories.I believe the team being discussed was the Titans,

whose jerseys were/are made in Wilson's plant in Tennessee.I'm hoping those more in the know will give up whatever details they know on this.Also if you look at the teams that were NIKE from 1996-2000,the Reebok authentics and on-field

Funny, I called Reebok's offices today w/ respect to my an authentic Bears jersey. They told me that Logo Athletic makes their on-field jerseys. You can reach them at 1.800.955.6467.

Cheers!

Funny, I called Reebok's offices today w/ respect to my an authentic Bears jersey. They told me that Logo Athletic makes their on-field jerseys. You can reach them at 1.800.955.6467.

Cheers!

What are you trying to do, call Reebok an untruthful arbiter of commerce? If so, you better call ESPN so they can do an expose.

Next thing you know, Reebok will admit that their NBA jerseys are made by someone else.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

The replicas and the "authentics" in stores are made overseas by Reebok-owned companies. The on-field jerseys are made here in the US by three companies, Wilson, Logo Athletic, and one other that seems to be escaping me at this moment.

Nike developed some of the materials that were used to make their uniforms and that are still used by the new contractors today.

Sports Belle in Knoxville, TN made the adidas NFL jerseys from 98-01.

Logo Athletic is owned by reebok. The offices are on the same complex in indianapolis. Wearhouse and everything. I'm not sure what apearal is made in Indy, but I know for a fact that much of it is.

I'm not saying the jerseys aren't made overseas, but I am saying that they do work here (USA) under the name LogoAthletic, but its Reebok.

They also own the Hockey Company which is companies like CCM.

Check the tags of replica and "authentic" jeseys sold in stores. I've got a Titans "authentic" from two years ago that says El Salvador, got a Cowboys from this year that says El Salvador as well.

Reebok acquired Logo Athletic when they bought out the apparel division of Puma (also how they aquired the last NFL contract to begin with). Puma had bought out Logo Athletic a couple of years before that (in 1999, I believe), which was previously Logo 7. LA's on-field NFL stuff was manufactured by Wilson at the time, but I think over the years, Reebok has picked up a couple of factories along the way and put them in the LA division.

Edit: Was told by my friend who interned with the equipment guys at the Titans (and now has a full-time job there, starting in Feb.), he said that Logo Athletic does NOT manufacture jerseys, but they handle the logistics of getting the specs from the teams to the manufactuers and the jerseys back to the teams. Wilson Athletic's factory outside of Nashville manufactures about 75% of the NFL on-field jerseys. Another company up north does the rest.

The thicker spandex material used on the shoulders of the Steelers and Jags jerseys, for example, was developed by Nike and is licensed for Reebok to use for NFL jerseys only.

The thicker spandex material used on the shoulders of the Steelers and Jags jerseys, for example, was developed by Nike and is licensed for Reebok to use for NFL jerseys only.

That would explain why those 2 teams were always inexplicably way more expensive, even though they are a simple design.

as much as corprate america sucks, id like to see nike make all the jerseys, for everyone. nike always seems to be at the forefront of innovation, with everyone else following, like the jags and steelers shoulder material tht reebok has to use on license. i would like to see that on all the jerseys, because dazzle looks and feels cheap. on top of all this, nike makes better acessories too, like gloves and shoes, in my opinion and experience. they are more accurate as well, as chaz has stated. and the swoosh is a better logo, and less intrusive than the reebok parallelogram haha. :P

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I agree the swoosh logo is much smoother and cleaner,but then again I the most pro-NIKE person on this board.I just hope all goes well and they continue to move ahead and innovate with college and high school now that Uncle Phil has stepped down.

98Falcons.png

as much as corprate america sucks, id like to see nike make all the jerseys, for everyone. nike always seems to be at the forefront of innovation, with everyone else following, like the jags and steelers shoulder material tht reebok has to use on license. i would like to see that on all the jerseys, because dazzle looks and feels cheap. on top of all this, nike makes better acessories too, like gloves and shoes, in my opinion and experience. they are more accurate as well, as chaz has stated. and the swoosh is a better logo, and less intrusive than the reebok parallelogram haha. :P

You can like nike all you want, but their shoes hurt the hell out of my feet, esspecially the cleats.

Give me Adidas anyday. The 9 cleat baseball cleats are amazing, the football ones are comfortable and light, detachable or not, and their soccer cleats are light and comfy as well.

I never came accross another sports shoe that I could say was half as good as adidias.

Now when it comes to uniforms...they suck. Nike's innovative, but annoying at times. Reebok I don't mind, but I can't think of any designs they specifically have done.

Archived