Houston Oilers concept

JetsLuvver

Interesting design. Foward thinking in that you didn't take the easy out and go with the Titans type unis. The oil derricks are nicely positioned but I am personally tired of every NFL team going to placing there logos on the sleeve. That said the picks for players was outstanding. Probably the two most famous of the Oilers. I like it even though I hated the Oilers.

The 5 color numbers would be hella expensive and difficult to produce, and crazy thick on their chests and back.

Too much striping and piping fo rmy taste, but i appreciate your effort for one of my favorite teams!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

i personally think they'd look exactly like the titans currently look, with the only changes being powder blue at home, killing the navy blue jersey, and using the red "fan jersey" as an alternate.... and of course the oilers logos in place of the titans logos....

on your concept, the numbers and piping look a little crazy to me... and the color of oilers blue you used looks way too teal to be the oilers.

if they remained the houston oilers, they probably would have added navy blue as a trim color and darkened the columbia blue to what is now the blue the titans currently wear. I feel the basic design of the jersey would be the same though.

I also think there would have been some sort of logo modernization, but not a major overhaul.

of course, I would have liked it. meaning the rest of the populous here wouldnt and would cry about how they want the old look back :rolleyes:

if they remained the houston oilers, they probably would have added navy blue as a trim color and darkened the columbia blue to what is now the blue the titans currently wear. I feel the basic design of the jersey would be the same though.

I also think there would have been some sort of logo modernization, but not a major overhaul.

of course, I would have liked it. meaning the rest of the populous here wouldnt and would cry about how they want the old look back :rolleyes:

hey sometimes we are "retromaniac"'s here. sorry about the pun. anyways retro unis are good for special occasions, as there is a reason why they are retro.

Nah--the old Oilers unis were boring--as I posted above...

The Titans have some flair--and so do these...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

i actually would have agreed with you.

as cool as the oilers old uniforms were, it was only because they look dated. if they still wore those exact uniforms today, i'd be begging for navy as contrast color. i'd gladly wear a houston oilers jersey today, just for heritage's sake... but i agree with you. they'd suck pretty bad if they still wore those today.

i like that HOU. i think the pants striping should stay the same and match the helmet striping though. the alternate has too many colors for me, head to toe its white/blue/red/navy/blue. a little busy for my taste. i think the old oilers uniforms could go a long way with just some correctly placed darker blue trim, like the blue that was used on the helmet that was darker than the uniforms. i think the derrick should stay the same. its timeless. they might have italicised it to give it a more agressive look though.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I went with a cross between what the titans have and the Bills. I don't think Bud Adams would have changed the oil derrick much if he had stayed in Houston.

oilersalt31hg.jpg

I know this template is to show the uni in action--and often a uni looks better in action than as a concept...

But it still looks like they're dancing!

But don't change the template--I like it!

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

The oil derricks are nicely positioned but I am personally tired of every NFL team going to placing there logos on the sleeve.

i would try derricks as piping

good ideas both HOU and Jet

"We have nothing to fear except fear itself."

Archived