AU Championship Logo

footballfiji

Well, they did win the SEC, right? ^_^

The won their division, the SEC and the Sugar Bowl. I'd say they have the right to call 2004 a championship season - it's just not a National Championship season. I believe that Penn State did something similar - with their rings, if I'm not mistaken - during the 1994 season when they went 12-0 and beat Oregon in the Rose Bowl.

Well, they did win the SEC, right?  ^_^

The won their division, the SEC and the Sugar Bowl. I'd say they have the right to call 2004 a championship season - it's just not a National Championship season. I believe that Penn State did something similar - with their rings, if I'm not mistaken - during the 1994 season when they went 12-0 and beat Oregon in the Rose Bowl.

It was important that they not put national in there because had they done that, don't you think the "voters" would vote against them?

I saw, I came, I left.

i barely ever watch college football, and am not the strongest folloewer of it, but i just dont think its right for a team to not lose a single game the entire year and not have a right to play for the National Championship.

To have your championship hopes pretty much laid out for you before you even start is pretty lame to me. They should have a 12-16 team playoff system during Dec-January and ditch the BCS for good.

They should have a 12-16 team playoff system during Dec-January and ditch the BCS for good.

I agree their needs to be a playoff but not a 12-16 team playoff. That would take forever and it will never happen. There's no reason to include teams with 2 or 3 losses in a college playoff system. 8 teams, max, is all you need. even the +1 system would work much better.

"...and you want to be my latex salesman."

vandelay.jpg

I agree their needs to be a playoff but not a 12-16 team playoff. That would take forever and it will never happen. There's no reason to include teams with 2 or 3 losses in a college playoff system. 8 teams, max, is all you need. even the +1 system would work much better.

Oh what does an Importer/Exporter know about playoffs?

Just kidding. :P

Oh what does an Importer/Exporter know about playoffs?

Just kidding.  :P

JERRY: So what are you gonna do?

GEORGE: I like sports. I could do something in sports.

JERRY: Uh-huh. Uh-huh. In what capacity?

GEORGE: You know, like the general manager of a baseball team or something.

JERRY: Yeah. Well, that - that could be tough to get.

GEORGE: Well, it doesn't even have to be the general manager. Maybe I could

be like, an announcer. Like a color man. You know how I always make

those interesting comments during the game.

JERRY: Yeah. Yeah. You make good comments.

GEORGE: What about that?

JERRY: Well, they tend to give those jobs to ex-ballplayers and people that

are, you know, in broadcasting.

GEORGE: Well, that's really not fair.

"...and you want to be my latex salesman."

vandelay.jpg

AUposter.jpg

That describes Auburns 13-0 season ;)

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

They should have a 12-16 team playoff system during Dec-January and ditch the BCS for good.

i think there does need to be a playoff, but i also think i've figured out a way to make it so the bowls stay. i don't have the formula i wrote down on hand, but i'll post it later.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

AUposter.jpg

That describes Auburns 13-0 season ;)

Coming from an Alabama fan totaly agree. LOL They will never learn that if you aren't a power you won't have a chance like Tennessee, oh I'm sorry that's if you break NCAA rules you get away with it.

Archived