Dallas Stars Experiment

Discrim

you may have already seen the black one. if you haven't, then Creamerboard, meet Stars experiment 1 (worth noting: this jersey was also the final concept of 2004)

starsexperimental.gif

after figuring out what I'd do with players who wear a single digit, here's a new gold version.

starsexperimental2.gif

as you see, the name is smack dab in the middle. why? Very simple. Although names placed vertically had been done, the way it was done is passe :D and I wanted to try something truly new. After the fact, I see exactly WHY that was teh case-you can't wear a single digit without looking dumb. although one day I plan on re-releasing these with the name placed normally, for now I will keep em like this.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

as the resident stars fan on the boards, all i've got to say is "holy mother of christ".....

those are insane. :)

why does turks have a G on his jersey? to let people know he's the goalie? :) i assume the pads and mask would have given him away. lol.

it's definately true-to-form for a discrimi-concept. i'd be upset if the dallas stars actually wore them, i think... but in concept form, it's outstanding and unique :)

I like it. It's different, without being too outrageous -- especially for you, discrim! :P

My only question: What happens if someone like Steve Konowalchuk or Joe Neiuwendyk has to wear a sweater like this? Smaller font? Nickname?

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

I like it.  It's different, without being too outrageous -- especially for you, discrim!  :P

My only question:  What happens if someone like Steve Konowalchuk or Joe Neiuwendyk has to wear a sweater like this?  Smaller font?  Nickname?

yeah, jamie langenbrunner already had to have the L and R in his armpits, when he was here....

maybe the name would extend onto the pants? :)

hey, if we brought back jon sim, the name would look like a hyphen between numbers :)

come to think of it winters, there is more or less nothing I won't try.

if Langenbrunner or somebody with a long name had to wear these, the letters would be noticeably more squat.

and yeah, the G is for Goalie. oddly enough, a real team has done that. one of our resident netminders noticed his counterpart had a letter on his jersey where a C would be. sure enough, it was a G. :D

waffles, the DALLAS is italic as my inspiration was teh Stars' old shorts, which had it almost exactly like that (except no green)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

waffles, the DALLAS is italic as my inspiration was teh Stars' old shorts, which had it almost exactly like that (except no green)

Oh, I know it's not just any random font.

It's just a little neurotic thing I have with italics.

It's my problem, not yours. :P

Lol

Well I know I would nt want to see this actaully on the ice.

Well you would if you were a Stars fan. The opposition would laugh so much at them they wouldn't be concentrating on the game :)

if that theory were true, the stars would have had a better record in the mooterus than they did :)

Lol

Well I know I would nt want to see this actaully on the ice.

Well you would if you were a Stars fan. The opposition would laugh so much at them they wouldn't be concentrating on the game :)

if that theory were true, the stars would have had a better record in the mooterus than they did :)

I say they were not wearing them enough..... :D

I saw, I came, I left.

I like it. As said previously, it's different (in a good way). It would make for an interesting alternate Jersey.

And Jamie Langenbrunner is still having that same problem here in NJ, with the L & R in his armpits.

Very Nice Job!!!!!

I like it. As said previously, it's different (in a good way). It would make for an interesting alternate Jersey.

And Jamie Langenbrunner is still having that same problem here in NJ, with the L & R in his armpits.

Very Nice Job!!!!!

i'd hate to see lags playing for detroit, or colorado.... imagine how his name would looked arched :) he'd be one big skating three-point arch.

Archived