Fullerton (Golden Baseball League)

Blackjack76

Speaking of which...

Given that the unveiling is taking place at the Santa Fe Depot, as well as the fact that the city was founded and sited to take advantage of a proposed right of way for a subsidiary of the Santa Fe Railroad (and named after railroad official George Fullerton), I'm thinking that they're going with a railroad-themed identity package.

Rumored names are said to be Falcons, Flyers and Fury. Flyers could fit with a railroad theme, as you often hear about historic trains that were nicknamed the "(fill-in-the-blank) Flyer".

Brian, what did the caps look like? Are they like the old Osh-Kosh engineer hats, because if so...THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!!

FullertonFlyers_small.jpg

Looks like the colors of Florida mated with the logo of Purdue.

Brian, what did the caps look like?  Are they like the old Osh-Kosh engineer hats, because if so...THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!!

Looks like the colors of Florida mated with the logo of Purdue.

Those colors look exactly like Cal State-Fullerton.

Cards.png

It's giving me a headache, because the train looks like it is moving towards me, while the lettering is totally flat.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Brian, what did the caps look like? Are they like the old Osh-Kosh engineer hats, because if so...THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!!

That looks an AWFUL lot like a train logo SyPhi did a while back...and used for a time by my CFA team, the (then) Cleveland Steamers....

A LOT...

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Cal-State Fullerton + UT-Chattanooga = this. Great logo I must say; the front even resembles an elephant/titan, at least to me. Does the League have any sketches of merchandise out at least?

the tilt perscpective is doubled up.. like it was a logo with a good 3/4 view of the train, with lettering, then they put that logo in perspective. Odd.

Also, is there anything less likely to take flight than a train? Thats a wierd name-logo combo.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Also, is there anything less likely to take flight than a train? Thats a wierd name-logo combo.

Actually, nicknaming a train the "(insert geographic reference here) Flyer" was fairly common during the age of steam locomotives. Examples were the "Dixie Flyer", "Heartland Flyer" and "Exposition Flyer".

Dan Simon and Joe Bosack are doing an outstanding job generating logos for the GBL's member teams. Right now, I'd rank them...

1) Long Beach Armada

2) Fullerton Flyers

3) Yuma Scorpions

4) Chico Outlaws

It will be interesting to see what they come up with for the clubs in Mesa, San Diego and Surprise.

Brian, what did the caps look like?  Are they like the old Osh-Kosh engineer hats, because if so...THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!!

That looks an AWFUL lot like a train logo SyPhi did a while back...and used for a time by my CFA team, the (then) Cleveland Steamers....

A LOT...

It does look a little like that train, but I cut ties with that logo when I found out the "clipart" I had used for inspiration back in the day used several elements of the NIFL's River Cities Locomotives.

Lesson learned: use photographs of real items, not clipart, for inspiration, which I did for my later locomotive logo, the Pittsburgh Smoke (now the logo for the New York Express of the CFA).

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Archived