Sosa to O's

Pat

What to do you think? O's taking a gamble but it could pay off. Doubt it though

all pending

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

stupid trade for both teams.

Cubs get a back up second basement (they already have todd walker) for the right to pay most of Sosa's contract.

Sosa as a DH might be alright. But he'll probably bring the hole that is his glove into the right field of Camden Yards.

Dumb.

Fine with me as long as he does not go to the Mets I think he is washed up.

Could not agree more, Tank... I will be perfectly happy when Cameron, Beltran and Floyd take the field in Spring Training.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

stupid trade for both teams.

Cubs get a back up second basement (they already have todd walker) for the right to pay most of Sosa's contract.

Sosa as a DH might be alright. But he'll probably bring the hole that is his glove into the right field of Camden Yards.

Dumb.

Actually Hairston will probably play right field and be the lead off hitter. Last season he played center field until he got injuried. As an O's fan I'm alright with the trade so far (I'm not sure who the minor leagers are). As long as the minor leagers aren't top prospects it will be fine. Basically we wont be losing much if Sosa is washed up.

Well I just saw that there is a rumor the two minor leagers are David Crouthers and Mike Fontenot. If this is true I'm perfectly fine with the trade. Crouthers is a sub par pitching prospect (we have at least five more that are better than him). Fontenot is a 2nd basemen and we have Brian Roberts.

Yeah, I guess Sosa's gonna DH. Besides, that 318 foot target looks inviting for him. Maybe they'll call that plaza "Sosa's Landing"from now on.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Sosa is old and I think even older then he says he is. MLB has him listed as 36 but I bet he is closer to 38 or 39.

I was thinking the same thing just about now. Why do all dominican, mexican and cuban players have to lie about their age? I have never understood that, and i'm from the caribbean.

Sosa is old and I think even older then he says he is. MLB has him listed as 36 but I bet he is closer to 38 or 39.

I was thinking the same thing just about now. Why do all dominican, mexican and cuban players have to lie about their age? I have never understood that, and i'm from the caribbean.

Age adds or decreases value in a prospect. The younger the more value. It's a return on investment issue.

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

From Sporting News Radio (not the actual writers like Ken Rothensal), the Cubs are going to pay $10 Million of Sammy's salary. That is the same which Baltimore was going to pay Delgado. Basically, B-more is going to pay $7 million to Sosa, plus have $3 million more to spend if they use it correctly from what they were going to pay Delgado. And this is just for one year since Sosa has a $4 millon buyout, if there is a free agent arm available. Now, we knoe they are basically fighting either BOS or NYY for 2nd place, but is is better with a healtly and happy Sosa who knows that Tejada is the team leader in the clubhouse. $7 million for Sosa for Jr. Hairston and 2 other scrubs is great. Plus, Angelos will get $$$ from the Nationals moving into the area.

Archived