ECHL coming to Stockton

Puckguy14

The ECHL is coming to Stockton, California. The Atlantic City Boardwalk Bullies, are moving shop to the west and calling a new, 10,000 seat rink home.

http://www.echl.com/cgi-bin/mpublic.cgi?ac...s&cat=1&id=3791

Oviously a name change is coming. One person (won't mention their name) suggested Skunks. Me, I'm guessing Navigators, to tie in with the parent team, the New York Islanders. (Note: Stockton's minor league team is named the Ports)

As for the building itself, here's the link:

http://www.stocktongov.com/waterfront/waterfrontdetails.cfm

Woo hoo! An alternative for hockey for us starving Bay Area fans! FYI, Stockton is actually closer to Sacramento, but about an hour drive from Oakland. And who says hockey won't work in the Bay Area. :DB):hockeysmiley:

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Oviously a name change is coming. One person (won't mention their name) suggested Skunks.

even though it would be obvious anyways, YES IT WAS ME that suggested the name Skunks! :D

Hey, If Modesto can name thier single A baseball team the "NUTS" then why cant Stockton call thier hockey team the "SKUNKS"?

hell, I will even submit a Skunks logo to them!

at least we have a hockey alternative closer to home now. It would actually make a drive out to the Central Valley worthwile for a change. Just plug your nose, it smells like cattle Bevacqua out there :hockeysmiley:

i guess cincinnati's trying to get the cyclones back and reno is going for a franchise, also on the ECHL Team Map on their site they have bloomington, illinois and burlington, vermont and bradenton, florida is getting a team next year called the Gulf Coast Swords

iGLssSH.png

Hmm. Stockton Shorts. An 80's kind of vibe. Way to pay tribute to one of the best assist men in basketball.

Seriously though, how about the Spears? Not for Britney nor for the Native Americans but in honor of the annual asparagus festival.

I'll start designing a logo now and hang out on the Stockton streets with my "independent" gear.

They should call it the "Double-AHL", since it's one minor league level below the AHL.

well if they have to call it the "Double-AHL", they might as well merge with the CHL and UHL because they are also Double A hockey leagues. And Dilbert your quote right here

NOOOO! Atlantic City was one of my favorite ECHL teams! 

Don't worry about that the ACBB will be back in UHL form, there are some talks of the UHL coming there. George Shinn who owns the naming rights to the Boardwalk Bullies will either sell the rights to someone who wants to bring Atlantic City to the UHL, or he may start a UHL franchise.

The CHL and UHL might be the same level, but I'm pretty sure those leagues are not affiliated with the NHL and AHL (unless it's only a few teams). ECHL teams are minor league affiliates to the AHL and NHL. ECHL players can get called up to the AHL, and then up to the NHL, but as long as they're still with the same minor league teams, they remain property of the NHL club.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Is there a place on the web that lists each NHL team and its minor league affiliate teams? I know ACBB was with the Islanders and the Gulls are with the Ducks but I don't know anything past that. It'd be nice to know who the Flames AHL and ECHL teams are.

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

i guess cincinnati's trying to get the cyclones back and reno is going for a franchise, also on the ECHL Team Map on their site they have bloomington, illinois and burlington, vermont and bradenton, florida is getting a team next year called the Gulf Coast Swords

looks like the Bloomington, Illinois area will not be getting an ECHL franchise. Say hello to the Phoenix ECHL Hockey Franchise

Phoenix and AWA to get ECHL Minor League Franchise

Is there a place on the web that lists each NHL team and its minor league affiliate teams? I know ACBB was with the Islanders and the Gulls are with the Ducks but I don't know anything past that. It'd be nice to know who the Flames AHL and ECHL teams are.

The Flames' AHL affiliate is the Lowell LockMonsters. Calgary shares Lowell with the Carolina Hurricanes, so Lowell has prospects for both teams. Currently on Lowell's roster are Eric Staal (Carolina) and Mike Commodore (Calgary).

I'm not sure about the ECHL affiliate for Calgary. Lowell's ECHL team is the Florida Riverblades, but I think those players are Carolina prospects.

i still dont get it, why do they still call it the ECHL, when it pretty much goes nation wide!!!

I've said it before and I'll say it again: ECHL... the Entire Continent Hockey League!

And if the league wants to literally embrace that designation, I'm sure that there's a deep-pocketed Mexican industrialist willing to pony up the cash for a Monterrey-based expansion franchise! :D

I'm not sure about the ECHL affiliate for Calgary. Lowell's ECHL team is the Florida Riverblades, but I think those players are Carolina prospects.

Calgary's ECHL affiliate is in Lost Wages... I mean Las Vegas. They are the Wranglers, and have pretty cool jerseys.

Home:

jerseyhome.jpg

Road:

jerseyaway.jpg

Alternate Jersey:

altjersey.jpg

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

So here are the future ECHL teams

Gulf Coast Swords(Bradenton, Fla)- I think the team is on the right track.

Stockton, Calif.- Sad to see Atlantic City go. Trenton lost a good rival.

Phoenix, Ariz- according to the ECHL website it says "Phoenix Roadrunners" If this is true Ive got a feeling they will be affilliated with Edmonton.

Burlington, VT- I doubt this will happen.

Reno, NV- Maybe but doubtfull

Cincinnati Cyclones- Most definitly not coming back. The AHL Ducks have been doing great, business wise since the Clones left.

Signature intentionally left blank

There may be an opening for the ECHL in New England, now that St. Louis is moving its affiliate from Worcester to Peoria. Then again, someone who works for the IceCats has said that representatives from Portland, Maine have been looking around at the DCU Center. Maybe a move for the Pirates?

I could see it; didn't Worcester just spend a ton of money renovating the DCU Center? I've never been to Portland's arena, so I don't know what kind of shape it's in.

Interestingly, I did a little research this afternoon regarding the metropolitan areas in the AHL (spurred on by the expansion game thread), and discovered Portland, ME is the third-smallest market in the league (St. John's, NB and Manchester, NH are smaller).

The top-ten AHL metro areas are (based on 2001 Census data):

1. Chicago - 8,272,768

2. Philadelphia - 5,100,931

3. Houston - 4,669,571

4. Cleveland - 2,250,871

5. Milwaukee - 1,689,572

6. Cincinnati - 1,646,395

7. San Antonio - 1,592,383

8. Norfolk, VA - 1,569,541

9. Salt Lake City - 1,333,914

10. Providence, RI - 1,188,613

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Archived