NFL's Leading rusher quits football

paynomind

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

To address the sub-title of the thread ...

Or maybe he was so upset over the fact that new uniforms weren't released, that he told the team that if he doesn't get to see the new uniforms, he's retiring.

Way to stick it to 'em Bidwill!

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

If Favre and Bettis retire, that'll be one heck of an HOF class in 2010!

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

It'd be cool if he hit 20,000 yards.

I've hit 20,000 yards--but enough about my days crashing barbecues! :D

You know when they've had a career like Emmitt-let them retire when they want...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

If Favre and Bettis retire, that'll be one heck of  an HOF class in 2010!

a report on the nfl network said that there is a chance that marshall faulk and deoin may retire as well. I don't know how big of a chance, but that's what they said.

You forgot to Cyclopsis Joe your post..

It should read:

"a report on the nfl network said that there is a chance that marshall faulk, thank God, and deion, for the ninth time, may retire as well. I don't know how big of a chance, but that's what they said."

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

I dont know if he will retire he certianley should retire he is a shell of his former self and if he continues to play despite a decent 2004 there are more years like 2003 in the future.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

If anyone should retire...it's Mr. Rice-A-Roni!

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

Marshall Faulk will continue to serve in a very valuable role for the Rams. While it's pretty clear that Steven Jackson will be the featured back in 2005 and beyond, Faulk can still be effective, especially on screens.

Marshall Faulk will continue to serve in a very valuable role for the Rams.  While it's pretty clear that Steven Jackson will be the featured back in 2005 and beyond, Faulk can still be effective, especially on screens.

But if he's to be featured in screens predominately, then what would stop a defense from implimenting a package with an LB spy to cover him whenver he lines up in the back field? Without the ability to run, which he no longer has, he becomes a one dimensional player and virtually useless.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Commissioner of

Marshall Faulk will continue to serve in a very valuable role for the Rams.  While it's pretty clear that Steven Jackson will be the featured back in 2005 and beyond, Faulk can still be effective, especially on screens.

But if he's to be featured in screens predominately, then what would stop a defense from implimenting a package with an LB spy to cover him whenver he lines up in the back field? Without the ability to run, which he no longer has, he becomes a one dimensional player and virtually useless.

You forget who the Rams' coach is. Somehow, someway, he will at least attempt to make Marshall a useful player. The guy's nutty that way.

Not saying it'll work, just staying he's not hanging it up next year.

It'd be cool if he hit 20,000 yards.

I've hit 20,000 yards--but enough about my days crashing barbecues! :D

Stampman, the Wilt Chamberlain of pulled pork.

Insert your own Mockba joke.....um, wait, that's another one...

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Emmitt is a class act but I don't know if it really helps his career by staying around any longer!

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

You forget who the Rams' coach is. Somehow, someway, he will at least attempt to make Marshall a useful player. The guy's nutty that way.

Not saying it'll work, just staying he's not hanging it up next year.

In addition to what YH said...

Your completely wrong to say that Marshall can't run anymore. He does not have the same quickness and speed he had before, but he can still run. When Martz is man enough to give the running game it's fair share of props, not only is the fact that Jackson is awesome exposed, but so it the fact the Marshall isn't all done just yet.

In addition to what YH said...

Your completely wrong to say that Marshall can't run anymore. He does not have the same quickness and speed he had before, but he can still run. When Martz is man enough to give the running game it's fair share of props, not only is the fact that Jackson is awesome exposed, but so it the fact the Marshall isn't all done just yet.

Personally, I think you two Rams fans are still holding out hope for the MVP Faulk to return. We outsiders can see he is a shade of his former self and almost expendable at this point with Jackson in the backfield.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Commissioner of

Archived