WNBA expands to Chicago

OMMF

http://www.wnba.com/news/chicago2006_release050208.html

Anyone? Anything?

Actually, since most teams take colours and names similar to their NBA counterparts, how about some suggestions for a mascot and name?

Edit: nevermind. I forgot that it's ownership is outside the NBA which means they will go with a (hopefully) unique identity.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chicago always seemed like a good location for a WNBA team, even though they will play at the UIC Pavilion. I have no idea how well the ABL Chicago Condors faired as they played in the ABLs final season.

Signature intentionally left blank

Chicago always seemed like a good location for a WNBA team, even though they will play at the UIC Pavilion. I have no idea how well the ABL Chicago Condors faired as they played in the ABLs final season.

They were actually second in the league that year with an average attendance of 4,775 a game.

There was an ABL??

Yeah, it was the league of women who actually could play basketball. The version they played was much closer to the NBA than the stupid media-driven WNBA.

In the end, it was women's basketball, and I didn't care for either one. I only knew about the ABL because it was the only league with a team in New England at the time.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I've always wondered that if the WNBA expanded enough if they would put a team in Boston. and since they try to go with the NBA team's theme, would they be the Boston Druids? sounds like Bruins if you say it fast lol. I dunno random thought

I've always wondered that if the WNBA expanded enough if they would put a team in Boston. and since they try to go with the NBA team's theme, would they be the Boston Druids? sounds like Bruins if you say it fast lol. I dunno random thought

I think they would be the Boston Can'tSellTix

Yeah do that.  Do exactly THAT

Archived