scraw28

What I have heard on a pittsburgh radio station that the steelers will go back to the block numeral format for the first time since 1996 and they will change from white shoes to black shoes. but they said that the steeler logo below the shoulder will remain there or a steelers nameplate will be placed below the v-neck.

reason why: because they have been complaints about the jerseys since the change back in 1997. back then when nike was manufacturing their jerseys they thought the die cut numerals on the jerseys would look better like the ones on their helmets.

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

Wouldn't surprise me at all. I think most of Pittsburgh considered them to be somewhat akward anyway.

I remember an interview a few months ago with Art Rooney III asking him whether or not the Steelers would be changing their uniforms and he said no, including reverting to a "throwback" look.

Regardless, I think it's a great idea. I was never a huge fan of the other lettering scheme and I think the old ones simply looked "meaner." I'm happy to hear that the patch would be maintained in some form, but overall, going back to the old style wouldn't be so bad.

Albert

jeffsig.gif

glgsig.gif

I, for one, think that the new numeric font looks great. Sad to hear that they'll possibly be dumping it.

Me too.

One thought - I always kind of thought that the reason that the Steelers put the logo on the left (players' left) side of the uniform was to somewhat balance the fact that they only have the logo on one side of the helmet.

What do I know?...

what radio show did you hear this on? i listen to sports radio everyday and didn't hear a whisper about this... but I may have missed it yesterday as I was stuck in the office all day and couldn't listen as much. the way this place is Steeler crazy, any hint of "news" is like the most important thing ever...

was it on ESPN 1250, or Fox 970 ?

I think they should come up with a custom design that is closer to the block, but not exactly. Maybe block but with rounded corners, or something a bit more traditional than what they use now (which IMO is nice) but not retro.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'm going to side with the minority and say "Its about time."

If it's true, I think it's terrific news.

I don't mind that they are rounded as is, but italic or tilted is just goofy looking.

The patch stays though huh? dang. They always put it too close to any numbers and it gets kind of tucked or bunchy-looking.

An old classmate of mine had an authentic Steelers jersey way back when. Block numbers. simple. Perfect.

I also hope they don't take this opportunity to mess with the collar or add a "Steelers" nameplate thing.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

what radio show did you hear this on? i listen to sports radio everyday and didn't hear a whisper about this... but I may have missed it yesterday as I was stuck in the office all day and couldn't listen as much. the way this place is Steeler crazy, any hint of "news" is like the most important thing ever...

was it on ESPN 1250, or Fox 970 ?

It was Fox 970 about a couple of days ago or yesterday when stan savran brought it up. It was around this time ago where he was setting up a petition to send to the rooneys to go back to block numerals. I mean Look what happened when the Steelers switched to the helmet numerals

3 losses in the AFC championship game

3 losing seasons

Don't jerk with karma and the block numerals make them look even meaner with black shoes.

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

What I have heard on a pittsburgh radio station that the steelers will go back to the block numeral format for the first time since 1996 and they will change from white shoes to black shoes. but they said that the steeler logo below the shoulder will remain there or a steelers nameplate will be placed below the v-neck.

reason why: because they have been complaints about the jerseys since the change back in 1997. back then when nike was manufacturing their jerseys they thought the die cut numerals on the jerseys would look better like the ones on their helmets.

HoofluffinRay!!!!!

nav-logo.png

they will never change their helmets.... unless they sell the team to an "outsider" and they move... the Rooney's will NEVER change the helmet... they are big on tradition and I don't think they'll do it.

I'd love to see a helmet change, I just don't think they will do it.

I like that mock-up. I like the Steelers wordmark. I might even outline the numbers in yellow too. Add black pants for some games. Take that goofy steeler logo off the chest and slap it to the blank side of the helmet too. Dump the gray outline around the Steeler logo and outline it in yellow.

KISSwall09.jpg

Well, it's about time!

Archived