Colorado Rapids Concept

Avenger

I've been an extremely casual soccer fan for a couple years now, but I'm really starting to get into it, so I decided to redesign my local team, the Rapids.

I like the new black/blue thing that they have going, but I don't like the current primary logo or the remenance of the green in the scheme.

I took the existing wordmark, modified it a touch, and build an identity around it.

What do you guys think?

rapids.gif

I like what you've done, but I think you need to have a slightly different version of the crest without the wordmark. As it is, you have "Rapids" repeated three times on the front, which seems pretty redundant. You could keep the crest on the shorts and the wordmark on the jersey, but use a different crest on the jersey.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

adidas is now the MLS uniform provider, so you'll have to alter the kits slightly.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

I like the logo change, but like was said earlier, you might need to add a secondary logo, maybe simply removing Rapids and including a soccer ball similar to what they use now but keep the crest and mountain with it.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I see what you guys are saying about the redunancy of "Rapids"... I've got an alternate logo idea that I'll use.

In terms of the colors being similar to San Jose, I've got to disagree. Sure, they both use blue and black, but the Earthquakes' blue is considerably different than the Rapids', plus it's used in a different context. The green that is currently used in the Rapids' scheme is so lost in the sauce, that I don't think it does anything to differentiate it from San Jose.

If I had my way, the Rapids would still use green as their main color.

Me too.... but they're big on the 'Black and Blue' now.

I've just updated the concept. New alternate crest on the jersey, changed it to adidas, and I've modified the away concept to fit the whole three stripe motif.

fantastic work, the wordmark is sharp, and the side lines on the away jersey are a nice touch.

my only quibble would be on the alt logo, san jose also uses the rising soccer ball in the logo, and too many teams use the white ball with hexagonal patches when these balls haven't even been used in professional soccer for quite some time.

Hmmm, I quite like it. Overall it's a tad dark, but still looks very effective. The crest is particularly nice, though I was wondering if you made any additional jerseys for the goalie.

Actually, I don't follow MLS at all, so do they even have different kits for the goalie or not?

HibsSignature.gif

Thanks go to Eddie010 for the Signature and Avatar. Nice work, mate!

Hmmm, I quite like it. Overall it's a tad dark, but still looks very effective. The crest is particularly nice, though I was wondering if you made any additional jerseys for the goalie.

Actually, I don't follow MLS at all, so do they even have different kits for the goalie or not?

Yeah... MLS does have different strips for the goalies.

The updated logo that you have done looks really good. The only thing bugging me is the grey line that goes around the ball and across the water. I don't know if you have tried but would it be better not heving the grey line in the water and add some rapids?

Other than this nitpick, it is a really solid concept. I love the white unis.

Good work!

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

First off, Avenger, I'm a huge fan, but can you blame me? Your work now or at any other time is insipring, so kudos to you!

I'll start off with what I like. Nay, love.

The badges are phenomenal! Simple, graceful and stunning. Colours are wicked, especially the hints of silver. I love the adidassed update, especially the white kit. Looks fandango. The blue and black kit looks awesome as well.

Now for my beef.

Everyone sounding off against the redundancy of 'Rapids' has every right to do so, but their ideas to fix it have to make 'football sense'. Still with me so far? Sure, Rapids is everywhere, but you need to think from a football standpoint. IMHO, the secondary logo should never be on the shirt. If there ever is an alternate badge, it should be placed on the shorts or the back of the shirt, right under the collar. Yes, 'Rapids' will repeat. Yes, there are no ads, so 'Rapids' has to be placed where it is. Still, I'll take the traditionalist route and say that the primary crests will always belong on the shirts.

With that being said, I absolutely love how the alternate badge works on the shirt. It makes for a good balance between the two crests, and you pulled it off flawlessly. Outstanding work, needless to say! :blush:

NHLPlayoffSigOTT.gif

Avenger,

Here's a little bit of a challenge for ya....

Can you adapt your concept to work with one of the existing Adidas templates (ie: San Siro, Premio, Mondial). I'm an avid follower of MLS and apparently, Adidas will be outfitting the league using their existing templates while attempting to give each team a unique identity...

patriotssignature.png

Still, I'll take the traditionalist route and say that the primary crests will always belong on the shirts.

Actually, if you're looking at it from the English football tradition, having primary crests on the shirts is a relatively recent development.

For decades, teams wore simplified versions of the crests on their shirts, like Liverpool and Arsenal below:

32597_image.jpgl_1348.jpg

I think it might have been at the dawn of the Premiership ten years ago that they all started wearing the primary crest as a badge.

Archived