Hyundai A-League Team Identities...

Brian in Boston

All eight member clubs of Australia's Hyundai A-League have now unveiled their team identities.

Melbourne Victory FC

MEL003_CD.jpg

The F.C. looks out of place on Melbourne's. I can't see a better spot for it though. Maybe centered?

As a patriotic Australian, let me be the first to YAWN loudly at the release of this new league, and their logos.

I also YAWN at the prospect of watching second rate soccer (not football).

It's nearly football season here. Aussie Rules Football. Not this rubbish.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Wow, I didn't realise how boring and predictable these were, although I don't mind the Victory and the Jets ... but what's going on in Adelaide!

Are the Queensland Roar somehow associated with the Brisbane Lions?

Do you think the governing body of the sport told all clubs that they must inlcude "FC" somewhere in the design.

Richmond.pngCanucks-1.png49ers-1.pngMariners-2.png

Thanks to Gobbi for the awesome buttons!

Are the Queensland Roar somehow associated with the Brisbane Lions?

The Queensland Roar are the re-branded Queensland Lions soccer club.

I don't believe that the Queensland Lions/Roar have any official connection to the Brisbane Lions AFL team. After all, the Lions name came over to the footy club after the merger of the Brisbane Bears and the Fitzroy Lions.

I've got to believe that the reason for the switch to the Roar identity package was an effort to differentiate the Hyundai A-League member-club's name from that of its AFL counterpart.

all in all, it's pretty ballsy to name your team "victory," i mean.... what if the team sucks? It's like naming a team "The Winners."

That, or "Losers." Take your pick: d'ya wanna be called the "Victory" or the "Defeat"? It's your personal choice, don't let me influence you... ^_^

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

Archived