76ers Need a Color Change

rmackman

I think Philadelphia 76ers ought to go back to red, white, and blue for their main logo and uniform colors as they had previously for years. They're named for the year of our country's independence, so they should wear our country's colors. Instead, the're closer to Germany's colors or something. I don't think the logo and uniform style are so bad, but at least make them the right colors!

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I was watching AI scorch up the opposition a few nights back, and I was so confused. I thought to myself: "Okay. The 76ers have a white jersey for home, but what about their roads? I've seen a blue one, a black one, and now a red one!" Not to mention their gold-ish/copper accent colour. I agree that Philly should simplify their scheme, because they have too many colours!

NHLPlayoffSigOTT.gif

i have an old school sixers concept using red, white, and blue with a bunch of stars i.e Dream Team unis. I'll post them when I'm completely done. But ya, you can't have a team named after the founding of the country and not have a red, white and blue scheme, thats like the Patriots wearing Gold and black, or the Nationals.

Howard1.jpg

The Philadelphia 76ers are THE primary example of just how badly the "hey... let's add black to our color scheme" trend can fuc& up a team's look. The 76ers logo and uniforms should be Red, White and Blue... period. Maybe, you add Silver or Gold as an accent color. That's it.

Yeah, the design they have now could easily be converted to red-white-blue, and would probably rank in the upper tier of uni's in the league. On the white jersey, just replace the black with blue, keeping the red and gold. Ditch the black jersey and modify the blue alt (add sleeve cuffs to match the home) to be used as the away. Then just add a red set (with white lettering) as the alt.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Philadelphia 76ers are THE primary example of just how badly the "hey... let's add black to our color scheme" trend can fuc& up a team's look. The 76ers logo and uniforms should be Red, White and Blue... period. Maybe, you add Silver or Gold as an accent color. That's it.

I agree to a certain point.

One of the main reasons that the Sixers added black to the scheme is that former president part-owner Pat Croce's favorite color is black (I think due to his love for pirates). I'm not making this up. However, I'm sure that black being the hot color at the time didn't hurt the decision.

I also agree that the Iverson/Stackhouse era white and red unis were awesome, and I wouldn't oppose a return to a revised version of that uniform at all.

I agree to a certain point.

One of the main reasons that the Sixers added black to the scheme is that former president part-owner Pat Croce's favorite color is black (I think due to his love for pirates). I'm not making this up. However, I'm sure that black being the hot color at the time didn't hurt the decision.

I also agree that the Iverson/Stackhouse era white and red unis were awesome, and I wouldn't oppose a return to a revised version of that uniform at all.

Croce isn't there anymore. There's no reason to keep black in the scheme.

Another positive of the sixers going back to red-white-blue would be the ability to revamp the Wachovia Center court. Amazing that while the building has had 3 names, the only major change to the basketball court was when the black uniforms were introduced and the primary logo at center court was changed, the "vapor trail" basketballs were added along each sideline, and the Sixers wordmark changed at each baseline. Other than the name of the building being changed on the floor, it's the same floor design.

If the Pistons can ditch teal and burgundy, and the Sonics can ditch green and burgundy, then the Sixers can certainly drop their black.

Lastly, with the uniforms. Red with the current wordmark hasn't been an official game jersey - only on fashion alternates and a uniform that the mascot sports. They've done white, black and blue. I wonder if they'll ever do a vegas gold, since it is in the current color scheme. I remember seeing something like that back when Champion made repica jerseys. All the all-stars one year had their team's white jersey redone in gold. So you had a gold Bulls #23 out there, a gold Magic #32 out there, and of course, the gold Sixers' #3. I can only vouch for these with my own two eyes. If anyone has photographic evidence, I won't feel like they were a hallucination...

Yeah, I agree with the subject of the thread.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Not a bad idea but maybe make the blue closer to a navy since that's really the USA blue, and then make the black kind of a silver? Dull the red a little, that's really bright, and then use the black as the shadowing in the 76ers word.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Yeah, now just shadow the 76ers in black instead of white, and maybe make that light blue streak behind the ball the same color as the blue in the star which should be all navy. That'd probably look pretty cool.

spacer.png

Yeah, now just shadow the 76ers in black instead of white, and maybe make that light blue streak behind the ball the same color as the blue in the star which should be all navy. That'd probably look pretty cool.

I can try, but it probably won't work. Good idea, though.

I thought their last jerseys, the ones when Iverson was a rookie and when they had Stackhouse, were the best in the game.

iverson_redrookie.jpg

beautiful. i'd forgotten about those. the current ones look like crap.

The homes were just as clean if not cleaner.

iverson.jpg

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Archived