More minor nfl uni changes for 2003

TruColor

Searching through the available 2003 jerseys on NFLShop.com, I came across a couple of uniform changes you may or may not know about.  The rumor that the Browns would be wearing the new "Browns" nameplate under the collar seems to be true.  The pics being shown on the site have that on them.  In addition, it looks like the Redskins will also have the "Redskins" nameplate on their uniforms as well.  They DID have one on the throwbacks last year, so I guess they're following suit on the regular jerseys as well.

Also, my Arizona Cardinals really might be changing the White jerseys to basically be mirrors of the Red ones.  No stripes, no logos, with the numbers on the sleeves instead of the shoulders.  I thought I had heard that this rumor was not true, but this is what they show on the official NFL shop site.

Not mind-blowing information, but somewhat interesting.

Here's the Browns:

70032081_l.jpg

Redskins

70032311_l.jpg

Cardinals (not offense to Cards fans, but the most innovative jersey ever)

70120122_l.jpg

Eagles with the silver outline and black drop shadow

70032231_l.jpg

Lions

70032111_l.jpg

Those are the major changes besides ATL.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Well for th first time I can remember, I'm looking through these uni changes and there's not a single one that I think improves the uniform in any way. I'm disgusting particularly with the Eagles, who had perfect uniforms but had to go and screw with them. Also, the Browns' and Redskins' nameplates on the front add nothing to those jerseys.

tell the panthers to adopt the electric blue as their home and then we'll talk.  i just think those things the lions are gonna wear are ugly and black was not needed.  that's what i thought when i first saw them and i still think that way.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I agree, I dont wee why the Lions added black to the unis. The only possible explanation is that they wanted to modernise them a bit, without going for  a radical change. But what they came up with looked like a waste of time, so they added the black as much as anything as a marketing point.

The rest of these new changes are fairly minor points hardly worth commenting on.I dont suppose many fans will even take notice of most of them. But the Cards are now officially the team with the least inspiring unis in the NFL.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

i figure you'll notice the change on the eagles' roads, not so much the homes.  and the cards are definitely on the road to looking like alabama, all they need to do is go to cardinal red helmets with a white stripe and a jersey # on each side :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

I would care a lot more about the Cardinals continually "dumbing down" their uniforms, but the team is holding out a carrot by saying that they might overhaul the unis for the new Glendale stadium in 2006.

Hey - they're workin' on it!:

20030617_AZCardinalsStadium.jpg

They start the heavy digging at the end of this month...

Well, at least there's work at the stadium.  It took them long enough to find a site.  At least the Cards will stay in the Phoenix area.

I don't like the idea of having a plain white jersey for the Cards.  Black and silver may make a plain jersey nice, but red and white doesn't.  I hope there is a radical design change when that stadium is built.  I just can't take that boring jersey.

2006 seems an awful long way off! Thats 3 full seasons, and fair enough the tie in with a new uni in the stadium is okay, but if its a full 3 years off why not just go for it? If you then decide your new outfit blows, you have a good opportunity to remodel it a bit! That whole franchise seems to be hanging on at the moment, waiting for something to happen!!!!!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

How appropriate that the first visible evidence of construction of the Gridbirds' stadium is sewer pipe.

Hey, I had to put up with them in St. Louis for 20 seasons; I'm entitled to the wisecrack.

I love the move by the cardinals. Back to the roots baby.

I love their look. The cardinal color is great, the logo is great

it's an original. Their look is fantastic, and this move with the white jerseys makes it perfect. That flag was too out-of-place......

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Exactly.

I love that Cards jersey.  Well, love is a strong word.  But if you don't have a really good idea, stay simple.  I dig it.

Lions?  Good Lord.  That is the worst yet "um, where here?" addition of black for no reason ever.

I don't know if it's been talked about in a while or ever.  But I absolutely HATE the neck nameplate things.  HATE EM.  On any team no matter what, they suck.  Used to be pro football had the one unis where you never had to have it spelled out for you....with some exceptions (old Bengals helmet)  Then, for a time, Just the NFL shield was a really nice touch...to kind of separate NFL from college or HS and more importantly the Authentics from the replicas.  

"Please oh please oh please don't ever let the Packers do this".

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Ok, so the Jets and Giants and Steelers too...with the lettering on the helmets...but you know what I mean.

ONly sport where there is never lettering on your chest.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Well, it seems like the only I like about the Cardinals now is their new stadium. It's got a retractable roof and pitch! I know there are many stadiums with a retractable roof and some with a moving pitch, but having both?  :cool: COOL! Just for the record, I'm also a stadium fanatic as well.

I saw, I came, I left.

Yeah, the Cards aren't the ones heading to L.A.  And I'm looking forward to their new look when the new stadium is built, whatever it turns out to be.  Not that I dislike the current look, but they've worn basically the same uniform in three cities now.  While I'm a big fan of tradition, a losing tradition sometimes dictates that things be shaken up a bit.

I agree that none of the changes Pantone mentions add anything to the looks of the teams.  In most cases though, the changes don't really take anything away from them, either.  The Lions, well, I can't say even after seeing them.  Once I see them on the field in action maybe I'll have an opinion, but right now I don't.

nav-logo.png

In the NHL it is a rarity although some teams are going for the Ranger look and Nashville tried the new NFL thing. Plus you say sport but you mean league, cuz it is common to see HS and College teams do it in big letters.

yes, very common.  one thing i don't recommend, though: having both the oklahoma-style big team name under an nfl style small name under the neck.  emporia state used this on their jerseys several years ago (anyone remember brian shay?), and it looked tacky.  a little "Hornets" over a large "EMPORIA STATE"

2016cubscreamsig.png

Archived