Anaheim Ducks concept

dgnmrwrw

Ive always thought the Ducks would look better without the purple or teal, just black, green and yellow. Of course, I also thought they would be better simply as the "Anaheim Ducks" instead of the "MIGHTY DUCKS OF ANAHEIM."

To that end, heres my Ducks concept with no purple:

Anaheim.gif

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

I must say... that black one caught my eye! NICE WORK

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Yeah I think the black one is much stronger than the white one, and Im not sure what to do to fix the whites. I tried both black and teal on the shoulders and below the waist stripe, but it looked unbalanced somehow. Anyone have any other ideas or comments?

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Though I think the black would look great, with say, a totally different Ducks logo, I prefer eggplant over it, too - for some odd reason.

At second glance, I like it fine. It's just the green is too bright with the black, for my taste.

I liked those retro jerseys or whatever they wore in the conference finals against the Wild. Or maybe the Wild wore them, even though they're young.

Speaking of, I love the Wild's unis. I just do.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

I must say... that black one caught my eye! NICE WORK

I can't agree more with that one! Losing the purple seems to really help the design of the jersey overall, though the green does nag at me a little. For the white shirt, I say try a thin black outline around the main logo and secondaries to give them a bit more definition. As it stands, the green blends in with the white background a little too much.

Solid work!

HibsSignature.gif

Thanks go to Eddie010 for the Signature and Avatar. Nice work, mate!

I think it's pretty cool without the purple. I might want to see the green darkened up a bit. It seems a little "lime" to me.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

black, green, and gold are sorta dallas stars colors... a ducks division rival......

but then again, the kings are a bigger rival, but they still wear a black, purple, and silver alternate.

These remind of the alts they had in the late 90s with the racing stripe down the sleeves and the names and numbers in Futura. I don't know why they didn't keep those around; they were tight. And so are these concepts. I'd like to see them with maybe a different collar, maybe the Nike wishbone one like Team Canada uses. Good stuff! :)

Thank God the Ducks will be history soon anyways....from today's Toronto Star...

PLUCKING THE DUCKS: The Mighty Ducks of Anaheim may be in for a new look when the NHL returns to the ice. Walt Disney Co., which used the team to cross-promote its Mighty Ducks movies, recently sold the team to California billionaire Henry Samueli for $75 million.

With no remaining ties to Disney, NHL sources said Samueli likely would seek the NHL's permission to rename the club, maybe turning to the gold and green California Golden Seals uniforms to spark merchandise sales. The Golden Seals were an NHL club from 1967-76.

Archived