New York Yankees Logo Recolorization

TruColor

I'd like to see the re-colorized logo against a Navy background because I'm not convinced that it wouldn't work. I think the re-colored logo makes it look sharper...more "Corporate" which fits the Yankee way. The white collar team gets a white collar look. I like it a lot!

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NewYorkYankees_Proposed_01.gif

I think ICS said that it didn't make sense that the Yankees had a primary logo with that much red in it, and yet they didn't use red at all in their unis. This makes WAY more sense, and looks better as a whole IMO. I like it.

I like the unusual way the Yankees use red, and would not like to see the red changed. But, the Yankee ball outline and script was seen in black on the Topps baseball cards in the 50s. It isn't blue, but, it may be close enough that you can use it as an approximation, if you squint a little:

54topps-037.jpg

(1954, 1955, 1958)

As opposed to later cards, that used the more familiar red-lettered logo.

ccerone85topps3uv.jpg

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

• 1 month later...

The Yanks should just ditch the bat and hat logo and just use the interlocking NY. And while they're at it, they should also slap some names on their jerseys.

6uXNWAo.png

Here's my recolorization against a Navy background:

NewYorkYankees_Proposed_03.gif

Here's a different take, only using Gothamite's suggestions:

NewYorkYankees_Proposed_04.gif

I have to say that I prefer the red only because it "pops" better against a navy background.

As for other applications, there wouldn't be any problem with it, except my general inclination to dislike teams using multiple recolored versions of their logo (a disease which inflicts the Yankees' neighbors across the Triborough Bridge).

Archived