New York Yankees Logo Recolorization

TruColor

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it actually looks good. it could be considered as a sleeve patch. solid

arodsig.jpg THE TOUGHEST S.O.B. IN THE CCSLC!

Satan Lives! The Devil On Earth Breathes! -Jim Ross about Vince McMahon, WM 22

"THAT WAS THE WORD OF YANKEEMAN"

sterling.jpggodzilla.jpg

26 World Championships and still going strong. Get used to it Red Sox Nation!

"Yankees win! Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Yankees win!" -John Sterling after every Yankee win

To Be The Yankees, You Gotta Whoooooooooo!!! beat the Yankees!!!

Looking at it a second time, my biggest complaint is that it loses the "patriotic" red white and blue in favor of some darker shades of the colors. I know that the whole reason for changing it is to make it those darker colors, but Uncle Sam's hat just doesn't look very sharp in anything other than "real" red white and blue.

Im thinking that if the blue part of the hat was royal blue whereas everything else pantone re-colored remained the same, it would look sharp. even making the bay gray with white highlights would also work

No, the bat has to be the same color of the script because it makes the K.

Im thinking that if the blue part of the hat was royal blue whereas everything else pantone re-colored remained the same, it would look sharp. even making the bay gray with white highlights would also work

No, the bat has to be the same color of the script because it makes the K.

the outline of the bat would remain navy. I should have mentioned that

Looking at it a second time, my biggest complaint is that it loses the "patriotic" red white and blue in favor of some darker shades of the colors. I know that the whole reason for changing it is to make it those darker colors, but Uncle Sam's hat just doesn't look very sharp in anything other than "real" red white and blue.

What I'll say, is that the actual colors of the U.S. Flag are quite a bit darker than the shades used in the current Yankees' logo. They're not quite as dark as what I've proposed, but they're not far off.

You've done a great job on it, but I think it's not a good idea because they don't use it as a sleeve patch.

This patch is mostly used against navy, on team jackets and the like. For that reason, the majority red looks really sharp. If the primary was predominantly navy, it wouldn't "pop" against the navy on the team's jackets.

I THINK IT SHOULD BE GREEN, THE COLOR OF MONEY! OMFG YANKEES SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111ONE.

Just kidding.

I like your recolorization also. Not only does it make more sense with the current Yankee uniforms, but it also as kind of an old-school feel to it as well, almost like a throwback logo.

mainescarf.png

This patch is mostly used against navy, on team jackets and the like. For that reason, the majority red looks really sharp. If the primary was predominantly navy, it wouldn't "pop" against the navy on the team's jackets.

This is a really, really good point. Hadn't thought of that one...

I appreciate the complements...I'm wondering what the opinions of the die-hard Yankees fans would be...

Blasphemy!!!

Just kidding - it's an interesting concept with the navy blue. I remember they added a red stripe on the sleeves of their jackets a few years back, and it looked out-of-place.

This patch is mostly used against navy, on team jackets and the like.  For that reason, the majority red looks really sharp.  If the primary was predominantly navy, it wouldn't "pop" against the navy on the team's jackets.

This is a really, really good point. Hadn't thought of that one...

pMLB2-1691402dt.jpg

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

If I owned the Yankees, I'd eliminate that logo from use altogether and just stick with the interlocking NY... Then I'd fold the team and burn down Yankee stadium.

GO RED SOX!!! :D

Not bad but I would still have the bat as red.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Sure looks like it.

I don't think recoloring the logo is a bad idea, but I think you need to keep the red as the primary color. Darken the blue to match the uniforms, maybe darken the red as well, but keep the red to look good against the jackets.

The Navy I used is darker than the one the Yankees have designated for the uniforms (solid colors). However, it matches more closely with the Pantone Textile color they use (which is VERY dark).

I'd still like to put this on their left sleeves, but that probably WOULD cause a riot (!)...

Archived