New York Yankees Logo Recolorization

TruColor

I found a old recolorization I did of the Yankees primary logo - all I did was to darken both the Red, and use an even darker Navy Blue in place of the Royal Blue. I feel that the Yankees' representation of their Navy Blue should be more true to the Midnight Navy Blue they use in their uniforms.

Here's the current primary logo:

NewYorkYankees_PL_1953-9999.gif

...and, here's my recolored version:

NewYorkYankees_Proposed_01.gif

EDIT: Fixed the stitching problem.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A nice improvement.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

thats the one thing that always bothered me about the Yankees primary logo, the excessive amount of red when they dont use red anywhere else on thier uniform.

changing the outline of the ball, the bat, and the wordmark while leaving the stitching red is the way to go.

Same here. Just doesn't look Yankee-esque, probably because I'm so used to what they use now. Anyway, you may want to take a little bit off the stiching. It looks kind of goofy with the red running on top of the blue outline in some places, but not in others.

Same here. Just doesn't look Yankee-esque, probably because I'm so used to what they use now. Anyway, you may want to take a little bit off the stiching. It looks kind of goofy with the red running on top of the blue outline in some places, but not in others.

Somehow I missed the stitching-thing...

Die-hard Yankees fan here.

Actually, I like it very much. As you said, the darker blue fits more with their overall color scheme.

And the red is better as an accent color than a primary.

(I was afraid when I saw "Yankees Recolorization" that you were going to try something like green and purple.)

CK3ZP8E.jpg

Yea, if they went with that there wouldn't be riots. Most Yankee fans look at the interlocking NY as their primary logo.

I wouldn't put this thing on the caps...

(I might to the left sleeve though)

:D

Yank hater, but this is a good idea. the real logo's oddly akin to the Cubs' familiar C-UBS logo, in that they both use mostly blue (different shades but still) but the logo is mostly red. there is one notable issue: while the Cubs use red on at least some part of all their uniforms, the Yankees only use navy and white (not counting their road grays).

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived