Official Look at Pitt's new unis

footballfiji

arent the only differences the side stripes and the helmet?

And the number font, and the fact that it says panthers instead of pittsburgh, and the font that panthers is in, and it looks like the neck trim may be different.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I like the look of the new helmets, but I agree they could have done so much with a Panthers logo. After all, they couldn't have done much worse than what they had.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

I like simple, but it's got no flair. I want some flair, dammit!

At least 15 pieces, if you want to uphold company policy.

I don't mind the helmet so much. While I liked the Dorsett-Green-Marino era wordmark just fine, it's not presently in use and the more industrial looking one is, so if it winds up on the helmet, fine, so be it. It is certainly better than that hard-to-decipher-from-any-distance mountain cat they were using.

Heres' a story on the Pitt uni change:

Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

And here's an interesting detail I wasn't aware of:

The Panther head will appear on the upper left-front pant leg and on the right sleeve.

I'm not sure i like the idea of having the panther head in different spots on each side. But, then again, I'm a freak for perfect symmetry.

Totally underwhelming.

The only thing average fans will notice has changed is the "PITT" on the helmet. Otherwise, the rest of the uniform is still cluttered with too much detail and saddled with super-trendy navy and vegas gold.

Still an absolute mess.

And here's an interesting detail I wasn't aware of:
The Panther head will appear on the upper left-front pant leg and on the right sleeve.

The Panther head is pretty obvious on the pants in the original picture posted in this thread, so that's not really news to me. However, I didn't know that it would be on the right sleeve.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived