Montana Vigilantes Concept

AAO

Once again, major league work.

I like how you took two "unordinary" colors and made a killer design. Very dynamic design and the font fits the logo almost perfectly.

Check your PMs, you might be interested in.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

A few things...

- the wordmark is real cool, but the spacing makes it look like VIGIL AN TES.

- the bird needs to change, if not go altogether. I've never heard of a bird called a vigilante, and when I think of a vigilante, I think of a guy like the Punisher.

- Is the bird flexing? Or what's going on there?

I think it's an interesting, certainly creative start, but it's still got a ways to go.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

actually the left wing is supposed to be bending towards the bird, i didnt execute it right. and i looked up the word vigilante and its definition was: One who takes or advocates the taking of law enforcement into one's own hands. So, I thought of a regal looking bird swooping down, and honestly i hoped in some symbolistic way it'd represent the name Vigilantes well.

I think SyPhi basically summed up my feelings. The logo is nice, but the letters need to be moved together. I also think that you could signifacantly tone down the dark blue outline on the wordmark, I think it should be more like 4-5 pixels or so.

Howard1.jpg

Pretty nice concept - I like the name. :D

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I'm not trying to knock it, because you obviously have more creative talent in your pinky finger than I do in my whole brain. But I was looking at the bird and thinking..."Hmmm, something doesn't look right."

I thought perhaps maybe it was the wings, but I actually like the way you have them arranged. It's very unique, and it gives that "swooping down" motion that you were looking for. Then I realized...the bird has no feet/talons. I think if you added some outstretched talons, like a hawk about to pounce on its prey, it would look awesome.

By the way, I really dig the color scheme.

This might be the first concept that would be considered a "miss". Still, your talent level is far above mine. Keep at it.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

I like the bird--as above it could use a tweak or two--but I like it...

I'm not sold on the name matching it though...

Change the name--and hey--it would work very well...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I echo some of the previous statements. The bird is in a very unnatural position. I am not positive if a bird can actually, physically achieve this position. Anyway, the bird needs talons. Also, I think the bird would benefit from more attention to detail, especially around the face area. Kern and modify those letters to give the wordmark balance, and maybe lighten up that outline a few points; it's pretty huge. This wordmark is another good one though, something that your early concepts lacked. I am glad to see you have come so far in that regard. Nice color scheme.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

The name doesn't bother me personally, but it's doubtful a professional team would adopt it as it's not politically correct. I also suppose I'm a traditionalist in not liking the modern trend towards cartoonish fonts in wordmarks.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived