Anyone watching LSU/Tulane baseball on espn2

oz615

i think most college teams have 3-6 uni's so that when they play in tourney's they can wear something different for each game - come conference tourney time, it's common to play 2 games in a day (or 3, if there are rain-outs), then turn around and play 2 more the next day - i guess you could just make multiple versions of the same uni and get the same result (fresh uni's for each game), but most colleges (even small d3 schools) have at least 3 uni's...that being said, the bronco's striping is bad, but not NEARLY as bad as miami's green pinstriped, charcoal pants and those solid green #'s on the back of the orange jersey...just bad - plus i really disliked unc's pullover (well, i really dislike unc and the pullovers were bad)

jldesigns404eo.png

i think most college teams have 3-6 uni's so that when they play in tourney's they can wear something different for each game - come conference tourney time, it's common to play 2 games in a day (or 3, if there are rain-outs), then turn around and play 2 more the next day - i guess you could just make multiple versions of the same uni and get the same result (fresh uni's for each game), but most colleges (even small d3 schools) have at least 3 uni's...that being said, the bronco's striping is bad, but not NEARLY as bad as miami's green pinstriped, charcoal pants and those solid green #'s on the back of the orange jersey...just bad - plus i really disliked unc's pullover (well, i really dislike unc and the pullovers were bad)

oh I know you need mulitple jerseys for any college/high school baseball because of the number of games. But 6 is a bit excessive. We had 4 in D3 btw and 2 in HS. I thought in college it was too many. They all looked good thankfully, but just too much.

... and the only reason these monstrosities made it to the ESPN2 airwaves is the fact that there probably would have been a Stanley Cup playoff game on otherwise.

Having Gary Thorne on the call of the college baseball game just cements that hypothetical even more.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

... and the only reason these monstrosities made it to the ESPN2 airwaves is the fact that there probably would have been a Stanley Cup playoff game on otherwise.

Having Gary Thorne on the call of the college baseball game just cements that hypothetical even more.

Suburban Philly, definately not a center of NCAA baseball. Programming is programming, this is better than poker. That will be what our summer will consist of. Wasn't Thorne one time a voice of an MLB team, I thought the Mets. Due to the lockout, he should have tried to get more MLB games. Then again, Disney has really put the locks on most of their on-air talent/broadcasters.

I'm soooo glad someone posted about this (and not just because I'm a LSU alum). I was gonna post something about it this morning but I didn't know if I'd be able to find pictures that soon. I turned the game on last night and immediately had a "wtf" moment. Those were atrocious.

Tulane has such a classy look with the Cardinal style home and grays and the baby blue alternate. The hats last night were just awful. Forrest green next to black on a tri-color hat is just a bad, bad idea. Besides the fact that the jerseys were hideous, the numbers and front lettering were far too big. I always wanted to know who sees this and says "yeah, that looks like a good idea!"

They never use those "bronco" style unis. My guess is they wanted to wear them for national tv. I went to TU and live in N.O. The usually have really classy unis. My fave is the Wave script w/ colored numbers on the front. Roll Wave!

NOLAbanner.jpg

Yah, I caught these while flipping through channels last night...um, ow.

I like the Cards-style jerseys the Wave have, but these new look ones are kind hideous...esp. with the old-school 'Spos cap with Devil Rays colors...

As for those Miami unis they were sporting in the game vs. UNC....

Jersey top: Don't mind orange...I DO mind going from white lettering on the front to green on the back. Kinda reminded me of the Syracuse road basketball jerseys...yah, they were that hard to read.

Jersey pants: Graphite just doesn't work...period.

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Tulane's unis were OK, it's the trendy hats that have to go. Since I'm a Canes fan, I feel I have to comment by saying WTF? They have a nice set of colors, but I don't know why on all their sports teams (except football who do it right) they don't use outlining on their fonts/numbers. They just plaster the number right there and in the case of green #'s on the orange, it looked horrible. Just look at their football team and how the #'s stand out with the outlining. I just don't see why it doesn't carry over.

KISSwall09.jpg

oddly enough, the Bronco style actually looks passable on the diamond. I know one thing, though, I liked the hats.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

They never use those "bronco" style unis. My guess is they wanted to wear them for national tv.

Who made that call?

Those TU caps gave me a mild '70s/'80s Expos flashbacks.

And the Broncos' style doesn't really work in football, much less so in baseball.

It's a shame; like BRYWHIT said, they trotted these out for the national TV audience. And now, 90% of the country has that mess as their only impression of Tulane baseball. (This coming from a UNC grad still retching over the pullovers and white hats.)

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

ok, let's set the whole record straight:

1.) those unis are hideous or sure. As a Tulane grad and LIFE-LONG fan, they just HAVE to get rid of those things.....the ONE different jersey i loved without a doubt is/was the light blue alts. Those were classy without a doubt, and they used a color that was neglected mightily with the new logo addition in 1998.

2.)The white unis that they wear came out in 2001. When they came out, i went out and bought two of them, one with my name and number on it, and another with one of the best players name and number on it (James Jurries)......anyways....one of the BIGGEST beefs i have is that tri-colored hat they wore. If the fact that they haven't worn black WAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much lately in football, and now in baseball, they bring out those UGLY a** Expos Gary Carter hats. They are gonna end up like the Royals and many other major league teams with the stupid black overload.

3.)You wanna see some UGLY unis???? LSU's yellow p.o.s.'s........and tulane does have a history of BAD uniforms.......their old baseball ones from the 80's......solid green football unis......they SHOULD go back to the color sceme they had in the early 80's, complete with the logo (interlocking TU), drop the black, and you MIGHT get better uniform combinations in ALL sports

willieMcGee_2.jpg

If you inherit Randy Johnson's facial genes, he owes you $97,000 at the very least.

oh, and cause we are #1 and LSU isn't........ANYTHING u wear on the field and can still win is all that matters.....we could have brought back the astros-like 70's jerseys (complete with OLIVE GREEN and SKY BLUE alternating stripes) just to freak out the rest of the country......now all we have to fix is our damn football unis.......go back to the jerseys from 1976-1984.....NO black, just olive green and sky blue........

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Green Wave, Green Wave, Hats off to thee! We're out to fight fight fight for our victory!!!!! Shout to the skies, the Green Wave war cries, the bravest we'll defy!!!!!!

Hold that line for Olive and Blue, we will cheer for you!!!!!! So fight, fight oh Green Wave fight on to victory!!!!!!!

willieMcGee_2.jpg

If you inherit Randy Johnson's facial genes, he owes you $97,000 at the very least.

this weekend it looks like ESPNU's goin north...the four most important words in the eastern Midwest...Ohio State versus Michigan

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived